Red Nose Day...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aferris2

Guru
... is this Friday.
We always have some fund-raising activities at work on the day and generally raise quite a bit for the cause.
Sadly for me I won't be there as I'm going for my very own version of Red Nose. I've got an operation to remove the polyps from said nose. It will be good to be able to breathe again (not been able to for nearly a year now).
Anyway, it's usually in and out on the day, then no work for 2 weeks. After that I have just one week of working life before I qualify for the retirement thread.

snorri

Legendary Member
Anyway, it's usually in and out on the day, then no work for 2 weeks. After that I have just one week of working life before I qualify for the retirement thread.
Wishing you all the best for the op and congratulations on the retirement:smile:.

Levo-Lon

Guru
After watching the Kilimanjaro? "I know" I was shocked to see

Text 1234 for £10
1235 for £20
1236 for £30

What happened to a bloody fiver!!
Does annoy me.

I'll maybe buy a red nose at Sainsbury

postman

Legendary Member
GOOD LUCK with the op.I had something similar done over twenty years ago.What surprised me was the amount of blue j cloth material they shoved up there after the op.The nurse just kept pulling it out like a hand towel roller,mind you they are long gone from toilets now.Enjoy retirement when it arrives.

Dave7

Legendary Member
After watching the Kilimanjaro? "I know" I was shocked to see

Text 1234 for £10
1235 for £20
1236 for £30

What happened to a bloody fiver!!
Does annoy me.

I'll maybe buy a red nose at Sainsbury
I did a quick calc one night. How much would it cost me if I gave the minimum to every charity request on that night. The amount was staggering (although I cant remember the amount).

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I saw a post on social media yesterday about how some are not buying red noses because it's single use plastic. I think this is a good thing. You don't have to wear a badge (or plastic nose) to donate.

I'm on the fence about the whole celebrity debate. Many of them donate thousands each year, throughout the year (apparently). I think if they all announced how much they donate to charity, they'd be criticised for shouting about it. Plus most of the presenters and acts do so for free, which for their hourly rate would be a fair bit anyway.

There have been some good sketches in recent years from actors who have come out of the woodwork to do one-time specials. I'll try and watch it if I can, but why oh why do they do things like fly African children to the UK for a holiday and then take them back? Surely it's better to give them a fishing rod rather than a sodding great whale?

Top Bottom