Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Redstone Rigg Sun 18th Aug anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Is this mainly a fast day out for the racing snakes?:shy:
I am still not sure whether I can make the date, and am also wondering about all the A roads used for the first bit out to Pencaitland ...

T

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
I am still not sure whether I can make the date, and am also wondering about all the A roads used for the first bit out to Pencaitland ...

T

You needn't worry about pace, that'll be determined by the group. I was just planning at going at whatever pace everyone's comfortable with. No doubt we will all be differently paced up the Rigg, and the few wee lumps before and after it; so will stop and regroup when safe to do so after the top of any climbs where we get strung out. Same goes for the descent after the Rigg - I need to warn folk about the sharp left turn off in case they overshoot and end up in England ;)

I've never had any concerns about the roads out to Pencaitland. These are tried and tested routes that I've been on countless times - be it alone, in club runs, or Audax events. :thumbsup:

Hopefully you can make it! :smile:

DougieAB

Getting the messages

T
I certainly hope not, not when we have Redstone Rig to contend with. I think i might have climbed the Rig before, but as I was just following the leader I wasn't really sure where I was. 10AM start is good for me.

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
I certainly hope not, not when we have Redstone Rig to contend with. I think i might have climbed the Rig before, but as I was just following the leader I wasn't really sure where I was. 10AM start is good for me.

Relax mate! We'll be taking it easy all the way up to the cattle grid before the Rigg... and from there, the prevailing tailwind practically guarantees us an effortless ascent :whistle: ;)

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Hmm, why don,t I believe you. Anyway, a tail wind is just make believe, no such thing!

Current forecast is going to blow us straight up and over the Rigg... the hard work starts on the way back. :surrender:

Screen Shot 2013-08-13 at 21.46.03.png

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Bump :smile:
Contemplating going as far as Gifford at the moment, but still got one possible conflicting "prior arrangement" to sort ...

T

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Bump :smile:
Contemplating going as far as Gifford at the moment, but still got one possible conflicting "prior arrangement" to sort ...

T

Gifford is where the fun starts! Hope to see you there.

Sunday is looking like the best day for cycling this weekend. Further east the better!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Gifford is where the fun starts! Hope to see you there.

Sunday is looking like the best day for cycling this weekend. Further east the better!
I know ... it's just a case of trying to fit a few other things into the Sunday ... :scratch:(juggling smiley anyone?)

Wind forecast looks just perfect for turning into a slight breeze for the steepest bit of the Rigg:evil:

T

DougieAB

Getting the messages
I know ... it's just a case of trying to fit a few other things into the Sunday ... :scratch:(juggling smiley anyone?)

Wind forecast looks just perfect for turning into a slight breeze for the steepest bit of the Rigg:evil:

T
Come on, you know you want to! Yes jazloc, this is tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Need to remember to buy some jelly babies when I am out today.

D

Deleted member 20519

Don't think I'll be prepared for it tomorrow I'm afraid, haven't cycled in about two weeks. :sad:

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
Time to check who's still coming tomorrow. :smile:

The yeses and maybes I counted as... (hope I haven't missed anyone!)
@edindave + 1
@Rasmus
@Edwardoka
@tug benson
@Telemark
@DougieAB
@DelB
@Seamab
Depart 10:00.
Car park on New St, Musselburgh.
It's easy to find, next to the Quay Restaurant and adjacent to the harbour. Google Streetview link here.
I'll send a PM to everyone later on this evening with my mobile number.
If anyone else is interested it's not too late to sign up :thumbsup:

Top Bottom