Scotland : Edinburgh & Lothians Redstone Rigg Sun 18th Aug anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member

New chain. 0 miles on it! Cassette just needed a couple of baby wipes.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Here is the latest update of names/numbers:

edindave + 1
Rasmus (jelly legs :thumbsup:)
tug benson
Telemark (to Gifford)
HJ (newly added to the list :wahhey:)
DougieAB
Seamab

@Edwardoka - You COULD always just go to Gifford and ride back from there with me and HJ, and be back at the starting point by 2-3pm at the latest. Your knee would be happy, as this part of the route is PANCAKE FLAT (TM CC Ecosse ;) ), AND you can be home in time for your family meeting (hence avoiding the wrath of SWMBO, hopefully ...) - voila, all sorted :thanks:
It would, unfortunately, mean missing out on the Rigg ..:evil:

@DelB - next time!

T

OP
OP
edindave

edindave

Über Member
I thought you were riding single speed these days..?:tongue:

Nah just fixed Mon-Fri or when it's wet. Gears for weekends and big mo-fo hills! :surrender:

Seamab

Amazing! The mere mention of cake had me scoffing some bere bannock I'd brought home from Orkney. Gotta get the carbs up for tomorrow. ?.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Bere Bannocks :hungry: ! We had those on Orkney last year, too - don't seem to be able to buy them anywhere but on the islands - at least I haven't found them yet :scratch:

Back on topic - :blush: forgot Rule 3 (distracted by thoughts of cake :surrender: . It has now finished baking :tired: )
3. Any bike will do :bicycle:

See you all tomorrow :wahhey:

T

DougieAB

Getting the messages
Now I understand what the phrase "lung bursting" means. Good day out. Thanks go to edindave for directions and words of wisdom and to telemark for the lovely cake. It was a bit longer than I thought it would be, 68.2 miles in total, minus 16 to and from Musselburgh gives us 52 miles. Hope to see you all again soon.

Top Bottom