redundant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smoke

Sorry to bring things down but i,m being made redundant on the 10 of may would really appreciate any advice thnks all in advance.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sorry to hear...what do you do, quals etc.......??????????

OP
OP
S

smoke

thanks for the interest, its a shock when your in your forties where have the years gone.

lukesdad

Sorry to hear that smoke, Could be an oppurtunity though to try something you ve maybe all ways wanted to do.

D

Deleted member 1258

I got made redundant the first week in January. I put my CV on as many online job sites as I could, and I signed on at several local employment agencies. A week and a half after I was made redundant I started a temp job with one of the agencies and I am still there, contract has been extended once and could be again. With working I don't get much time to visit the job centre so I check their web site regularly and I also check the online job sites. I have noticed that for manual workers like myself there are very few vacancies about, but there are quite a lot of office and managerial vacancies about.

That's awful. Are you getting a decent redundancy payment?
My dad lost his job at 47 and went back into sales on the very bottom rung with a family to support. He worked his way back over the next 20 years and is now happily retired.

lukesdad

Good point Dave r when I moved down here 7 years ago, Took arisk as no job waiting for me, but went to an agency. They took me on ,first temp job I went to , they wanted to hire me and Im still there !

OP
OP
S

smoke

Thanks, all re redundancy im getting the minimum allowed being positive this is a new start

Top Bottom