Regaining my mojo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Feel like I am losing my cycling mojo a bit lately. Went out last night intending to do 40 miles but got bored and ended up doing 20 instead. You can have too much of a good thing and I think the amount of cycling I have done this year has made me feel slightly fed up of it at the moment. Any tips for putting the fun back in cycling?

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
[QUOTE 4895786, member: 259"]yeah, do something else instead. It's not a religion.[/QUOTE]
Good point. Recreationally wise, I don't do a lot except cycle.

Broadside

Guru
I think we all go through that from time to time. Try doing a different route to get some considerable distance and come back by train, it will feel like a different target.

Also try riding your bike as a single speed, find a flattish route and pick a gear, something like 50-24 and then ride a 10-15 loop without changing out of that gear. You will find it hard but it will be a very different sort of ride and can be very rewarding.

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Find a friend to go cycling with. Cycleing on lonesome can be pretty boring.
Some people like cycling on their own, o=some with others. Company can make the miles go quicker.
I have a few friends I go with plus my clubmates but I still seem to do a lot of solo miles. I guess I could try to go out my club more often than once a week that might make a difference.

Cronorider

I'm fortunate to have three different bikes which helps a lot. I have a road bike, mountain bike, and last year got a dedicated TT bike which has been on my bucket list for a long time. I've been time trialing quite a bit. There's many gravel roads and trails to ride around here if I choose and that helps probably more than anything to just get out and ride easy while enjoying the scenery.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Cycling is supposed to be fun, not a torture, or something you feel you have to do. If you stop enjoying it, stop and do something else for a while. You may well find you start to want to go cycling again and start to look forward to going out on rides again, even if they are just short ones. Any ride, is a good one. I hope you feel like going out again soon.

IMG_4622.JPG

Here you are, take your pick.

Over the years, I've often got bored of types of riding. Just recently I found myself getting bored of the sort of cycling I've been doing for the last 8 years or so ( long distance / stopped starty / sight seeing ) sort of riding, so I started chucking my bike on the train, going to places I'd normally just touch base at, and then start the return leg, and riding new, shorter courses, in places that I've not really explored much before, then sticking the bike back on the train, and going home. I'll limit the distance rides a bit more for a while, and stick to just a couple of 100 - 150 milers a month. There are plenty of other things that interest me, other than cycling, and I imagine I'll drop back to mostly short, commute type rides, with the odd mid mileage weekend trips within the next couple of years. There are a lot of off road type courses right near where I live at present, so I may get a dedicated mud plugger, and start driving it up to the trails, and back again.

OP
OP
Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
[QUOTE 4895861, member: 76"]Maybe @Welsh wheels is sad that not being a proper cyclist anymore she will be banished off this forum.

Because this forum is for Proper Cyclierists only :whistle: :rofl: :shy: :bicycle:

Honestly, don't worry, everyone loses their mojo occasionally :okay:[/QUOTE]
She? Lol I don't think I count as a female, at least not anatomically.

Top Bottom