Reginald D Hunter - Songs of the South

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Songs of the South (of England) presents Mickey Bubbles..

mickey bubbles.jpg

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 3552449, member: 259"]Gosh - I have more than half that list - but not all on 78s![/QUOTE]

I rec I've got 20, none on 78s, this is my favourite, gruesome!

RWright

Guru
He likes the same time of day that I do too. He described it very eloquently I thought. "During the summer, the handover time between day and night."...."I don't know, it always felt like pleasant cooperation".

I guess that is part of the reason I most often ride my bike at that time of day. Also the sun is not quite as brutal then either. ;)

A good album is "Will the Circle be Unbroken" by the NItty Gritty Dirt band, it kind of brought the hippies and the mainstream back to country music with its release. It has a very nice group of country artist on it.

U

User169

Good quote from the Indy..

"Hunter retains not only an easy Southern charm, but also a wariness of what he calls “hillbillies, the deadly kind”, so this was never going to be a straightforward homecoming."

brand

I'm only going by what I've seen, did you watch the prog?
Yes it was good. I was just pointing out his television persona is very different to his comedy stage act.

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Tony Joe White white was ultra southern laid-back or really stoned, actually I'm going for both. I love his 70s LPs but last time I saw him live he was doing a kind of Neil Young grunge type thing, if it wasn't for Michael Chapman's unlisted support act it could've been a wasted evening.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Another good one last night, bit of southern rock but mainly gospel music music so that would still probably put off a friend of ol' Lucifer like @MacB.

invoking me via mournful dirge now eh? I say mournful dirge as that is how I now imagine you communicate based on the painful caterwauling that passes for music in this show. My one remaining hope is that this really is music 'to top yourself by' and that you keep on listening.

Top Bottom