Reginald D Hunter - Songs of the South

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
The show on James Brown after SotS was pretty good too.

Watched a fair chunk of that and taped the rest, it was good stuff. Get funky!

U

User169

[QUOTE 3564432, member: 259"]It's tagged as 'parental guidance' on iPlayer![/QUOTE]

A tiny amount of swears, but nothing by to really frighten the horses.

There were some excellent contributions from Danny Ray, Browns "cape man" and MC. His accent was so thick they had to subtitle him.

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
invoking me via mournful dirge now eh? I say mournful dirge as that is how I now imagine you communicate based on the painful caterwauling that passes for music in this show. My one remaining hope is that this really is music 'to top yourself by' and that you keep on listening.

You're a sweet guy mac.

andyfraser

Über Member
I missed the other two. I'll have to catch them on iPlayer if they're as good as last night's. I love the blues, especially the old Delta blues.

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
The hill country Blues stuff was good, I've got an R L Burnside LP on Fat Possum Records called A Ass Pocket of Whiskey ^_^

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
Anyone see it? I thought it was rather good, he's an affable character trucking his way around some southern states. He got on pretty well and despite his reservations quite enjoyed himself. If you like excellent music you'll enjoy the show, if you're one of those unfortunate types that isn't sophisticated enough for country you might think otherwise.

f207b934-b789-11e4-_857519c.jpg

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b6216dbc-b891-11e4-b6a5-00144feab7de.html#axzz3STw8eH9h

Here's the music too! Thought the Handsome Family were a bit lame, fortunately they don't make the cut here...

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLw90zlHPjQDl2L5ChQfGcnOSlPwY8FBXc
I need to watch this on iPlayer

Top Bottom