register your bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aqaleigh

This may be something a lot of people know already but if not its well worth knowing

you can register your cycle at www.immobilise.com its a free service used by all police forces in the country to track owners of recovered bikes

you register your cycle, serial number, make and model and of course its always worth keeping a copy of these with a photo of your bike at home aswell

ITS FREE - SO WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE

ChrisCrc

Hi
A M8 of mine about 15 years back had his bike Datatagged by the police as it was an expensive bike (£2500) and cost £30 for the service and he wanted the peace of mind that the Datatag service offered. About 4-5 months after having the bike Datatagged it was stolen in broad daylight with lots of witnesses. Too this day he has never ever heard anything from the police about his bike. And it was not insured.....These services that the police offer are just a big publicity stunt and they hardly ever result in the owners recovering their machines....

OP
OP
aqaleigh

aqaleigh

ChrisCrc said:
Hi
A M8 of mine about 15 years back had his bike Datatagged by the police as it was an expensive bike (£2500) and cost £30 for the service and he wanted the peace of mind that the Datatag service offered. About 4-5 months after having the bike Datatagged it was stolen in broad daylight with lots of witnesses. Too this day he has never ever heard anything from the police about his bike. And it was not insured.....These services that the police offer are just a big publicity stunt and they hardly ever result in the owners recovering their machines....

you may well me correct - however the service is free so what have you got to lose

MrRidley

aqaleigh said:
This may be something a lot of people know already but if not its well worth knowing

you can register your cycle at www.immobilise.com its a free service used by all police forces in the country to track owners of recovered bikes

you register your cycle, serial number, make and model and of course its always worth keeping a copy of these with a photo of your bike at home aswell

ITS FREE - SO WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE

Not by strathclyde police who know nothing about it as i have asked them about it.

OP
OP
aqaleigh

aqaleigh

bhoyjim said:
Not by strathclyde police who know nothing about it as i have asked them about it.

google it

you'll find many police and neighbourhood watch schemes that use it - not only for bikes but all vehicle crime and other property

Top Bottom