Regular fit cycle clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
Is there such a thing? I've just received a delivery from wiggle of dhb clothing which they had labelled as comfort fit and they are still snug in a large. I know Castelli and co are 1 or 2 sizes bigger but I read that most other brands are a bit more normal. I have a gore air4 running top in large and it is bordering on too big

I'm 5'9" with a 42-43 inch chest and 32 inch waist and a teeny beer keg on the front (I don't do six packs) but I can't find jerseys for a broader shouldered lad. Anything that is broad enough looks like a tent around the middle.

Any suggestions on brands to try which may be a better fit for me.

screenman

Legendary Member
have some made to measure, it is not that expensive.

vickster

Legendary Member
Pearl Izumi. Endura. Fat lad at the back.

Just avoid race fit or similar terms. But road cycling clothing is meant to be a bit snug, MTb more baggy

jim55

Guru
Do NOT buy rapha then !! Iv got a xl jersey of theirs and its a bit snug to say the least , I'm about 85 kg but I train a bit so ok shape but defo not a lot bigger than av
This was the biggest size they do and it's obv designed for a smaller type ( and btw this is comfort fit , pro fit is aimed at 60 kg i think

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
My jerseys from Aldi are a really nice fit. I'm a big chap and I got their biggest and they are my favourite jerseys by far. And only about a tenner each.

speccy1

My jerseys from Aldi are a really nice fit. I'm a big chap and I got their biggest and they are my favourite jerseys by far. And only about a tenner each.
+1

I`ve used the Lidl, jerseys in the past, I only used medium but cycled to work 23 miles a day, all weathers, washed/dried, and ready to go again, every day for 4 years. Only had to bin it in the end because I broke the zip. Excellent value for money

Ed Phelan

I've never considered Lidi or Aldi as places to buy discounted cycling gear thanks Speccy and Dogtrousers that's really good to know, I will have to check them next time I need some gear!

Another online sports shop to get cycling gear from is Mnwear which do some great deals on cycling clothing if they are doing a sale. I got a nice Puma one from there which if you get it in large would probably be a great fit for you too based on your size - also from experience Asics normally do really high quality fitness tops so it might be worth trying them out as well.

Butty1972

I have a Penn summer and a winter jersey, nice fit and i'm a biggish lad. i also use dhb for tights and shorts as they tend to do bigger sizes too.

BRounsley

Über Member
If you want something baggier then have a look at mountain bike jerseys. MTB clothes are typically more relaxed.

When you say your size, have you measured that with a tape measure or is that the size you normally buy?

The reason I ask is often high street shops just plain lie. I find cycling manufactures to be a bit more arcuate on their sizing guides.

I’m probably pointing out the obvious but a waist measurement is belly button high. Often people wear jeans etc. on their hips so sometimes what would fit in a jean would not in bibs etc that are worn higher around the waist.

Last edited:

BRounsley

Über Member
Do NOT buy rapha then !! Iv got a xl jersey of theirs and its a bit snug to say the least , I'm about 85 kg but I train a bit so ok shape but defo not a lot bigger than av
This was the biggest size they do and it's obv designed for a smaller type ( and btw this is comfort fit , pro fit is aimed at 60 kg i think

A Rapha Medium fits my 76kg frame just dandy.

As you said the classic stuff is relaxed and pro stuff is “racing snake” tight.

I’m not big into lifting weights so maybe it’s a chest/arm issue.

It’s all getting a bit “Miss World” but I’m 6’ tall, 36” chest and 32” waist, 33" inside leg, if anyone is looking buy some Rapha stuff. I buy medium in both top and bottom halfs.

Top Bottom