Rejoining British Cycling & promotional codes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Interesting and timely thread, as I have just had my renewal reminder from CyclingUK.. They now want £50 per year, and there is something in the small print about their 3rd party insurance not being valid in Scotland (or anywhere outside England and Wales). Which makes it pointless for me, being my main reason for joining!
@Slick , is there any similar small print with BC? As I have no intention of continuing my membership of CUK, I'm looking at alternatives.

BC insurance definitely covers Scotland @Brandane obviously we have Scottish Cycling as well and the memberships are regional so mine covers West of Scotland. :okay:

slow scot

Veteran
Interesting and timely thread, as I have just had my renewal reminder from CyclingUK.. They now want £50 per year, and there is something in the small print about their 3rd party insurance not being valid in Scotland (or anywhere outside England and Wales). Which makes it pointless for me, being my main reason for joining!
@Slick , is there any similar small print with BC? As I have no intention of continuing my membership of CUK, I'm looking at alternatives.

I’m sure this not correct. CUK would have no members north of the border if this were the case.

OP
OP
J

JackPack

Regular
Thanks for all the replies.

I think I'll go with CUK, as there's no exclusions against fellow members, no excess, and BC have messed up recently (Shell, Queen).

I might even go for Life membership

I have a separate policy which gives me PL cover - and a benefit if I am seriously injured or worse whilst cycling - think its around £30.

I often wonder how many people have PL insurance without realising its limitations - there was a thread on a either this or another cycling forum (!) - Where a poster was convinced his PL insurance covered him against loss of earnings - I also think think people confuse a successful compensation legal claim - with cover

OP
OP
J

JackPack

Regular
@kingrollo, yeah, that's personal injury cover. I saw that as an option when getting insurance quotes. Laka has that option as well.

But they're mostly payout for loss of limb or eye or death. If you want loss of earnings, you pay for that extra. Or sue the other party, that's if there is one as it might be rider error

postman

Legendary Member
I need to get covered this year.I was told by the Consultant no cycling for 18 months due to the hydrocele.When i got back in June or July i did not bother,but going to give it a good go this year.So is Cycling UK or CTC to me better than BC i was with CTC for over twenty years.

Top Bottom