Rejoining British Cycling & promotional codes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
If the 3rd party liability insurance is your main concern then you could well already be covered for this by your home insurance so well worth checking with them first to avoid the expense of duplicating something you already have.
I have checked this with various insurers over the years and always found that my home insurance (from memory I think it is the buildings insurance element that confers liability protection on the house residents?) covers me for 3rd party injury or damage accidentally caused during cycling, whether I am commuting or cycling for leisure (but not competitive/racing).

OP
OP
J

JackPack

Regular
Yes, it seems clear. Only mentions 3rd party insurance plus discounts from other insurance companies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-03-15-22-22-993_com.android.chrome_1.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-03-15-22-22-993_com.android.chrome_1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 3

Brandane

Legendary Member
Interesting and timely thread, as I have just had my renewal reminder from CyclingUK.. They now want £50 per year, and there is something in the small print about their 3rd party insurance not being valid in Scotland (or anywhere outside England and Wales). Which makes it pointless for me, being my main reason for joining!
@Slick , is there any similar small print with BC? As I have no intention of continuing my membership of CUK, I'm looking at alternatives.

OP
OP
J

JackPack

Regular
@Brandane, I'm reading the current insurance information documents for Oct 2022 to Sept 2023. The individual 3rd party document says cover is provided "while you are cycling anywhere in the world except USA and Canada". And if you're normally resident in GB, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man or Channel Islands.

Brandane

Legendary Member
@Brandane, I'm reading the current insurance information documents for Oct 2022 to Sept 2023. The individual 3rd party document says cover is provided "while you are cycling anywhere in the world except USA and Canada". And if you're normally resident in GB, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man or Channel Islands.

Are you reading the documents from CUK or BC though? :smile:

Top Bottom