Remote Control on/off stopped working......some questions.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
We have a tv sound box which is 'playing up'. I did think it had packed in but investigation shows it is just the remote on/off that is not working.
I can switch on/off on the actual box......then I can use the remote to alter the sound up/down.
Tried new batteries
Tried re-set
No success.
2 questions........
1. Anyone got any advice to fix it.
2. If I have to get a new remote will it automatically be compatible with this box.
Thanks.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
A phone camera can see infrared, have a look to check if the remote is actually doing anything

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Failure of individual keys on a remote's membrane keyboard isn't that uncommon. How much of an inconvenience is it to switch the box on/off manually?

figbat

Slippery scientist
What model it is? I assume it is IR rather than some kind of radio connection (eg Bluetooth or similar - my TV and Sky Q remotes are both this type).

I’d concur that it is the button itself that is at fault - it may just be a bit of dirt or corrosion in the contact.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
^_^
Failure of individual keys on a remote's membrane keyboard isn't that uncommon. How much of an inconvenience is it to switch the box on/off manually?
Not a lot but its like having a d og and barking yourself.
I paid for a remote.
I have a remote
I just want it fully functional (if possible)

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
^_^
Not a lot but its like having a d og and barking yourself.
I paid for a remote.
I have a remote
I just want it fully functional (if possible)
mine comes on and off when i switch the TV on/off.......mine is connected with an optical cable and the sound settings on the TV set to external speaker/sound device

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
What model it is? I assume it is IR rather than some kind of radio connection (eg Bluetooth or similar - my TV and Sky Q remotes are both this type).

I’d concur that it is the button itself that is at fault - it may just be a bit of dirt or corrosion in the contact.
TV, soundbox etc all Sony.

Top Bottom