Remove slight dent from rim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
No need - it's easy if you go carefully; now's your chance to learn. A rear wheel is a little harder because of the dish. Once you've done this you'll have acquired a useful skill and lost your fear of trueing rims.

OP
OP
B

bigfella

Über Member
Well I've just fitted some tyres to them and given them a spin and they look good. If I decide to change the rim at a later date I will certainly do it alone as I will have nothing to loose.

peanut

bigfella said:
Hi all,

I have some Mavic CXP33's laced to Phil Wood hubs. Only slight issue is with the front wheel - it has a slightly dented rim. Its only on one side and I don't think it really causes a problem. Is it possible to get this corrected or even do it myself carefully?

Please see attached photos, its not as bad as the photos look to be honest.
Even if you did it carefully in a hydraulic press you'd never regain the same profile that holds the tyre bead on the rim .it would always be a potential tyre failure point.

The question you've got to ask yourself is are you prepared to lose a tyre on a 30mph+ downhill with cars behind you ?

Get it rebuilt with a new rim or even a used rim or use it on the turbo :biggrin:

Top Bottom