Removing a stuck chainring bolt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

Discordian
:smile:

Final lesson - to anyone thinking of getting/using a Dremel or the like - ALWAYS wear eye protection for the smallest job - yes I did - there are limits to my stupidity.

I don't need to because I've got a safety Dremel.

Or maybe the useless piece of shoot failed after a total of 15 minutes use and now does nothing.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Final lesson - to anyone thinking of getting/using a Dremel or the like - ALWAYS wear eye protection for the smallest job - yes I did - there are limits to my stupidity.

I wish I could say that.
Spent a couple hours in A&E with a streaming eye in agony to figure out why eye protection was important. A small flake of broken dremel cutting disc was found. :blush:

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Cripes vantage, hope there was no lasting damage. Consequences of that could be horrific. I did have one break and whizz past my eye once, can't remember if i was wearing a plastic guard at the time.
I reckon every one of those discs breaks on me at some point - don't recall ever using one up or finding one had gone blunt and discarded it.
I can't remember ever using any bit on a dremel apart from drills and cutting disks, jewellry polishing not my thing.
Be warned folks.

silva

Über Member
I managed to block the rotation of the nut with this:
Forked-Steel-Shoe-Shank-Bifurcate-Shoe-Steel-Shank-HMSS0008-.webp

... being a part of a high heel women shoe, a scrap one that I disassembled for parts.

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
Cripes vantage, hope there was no lasting damage. Consequences of that could be horrific. I did have one break and whizz past my eye once, can't remember if i was wearing a plastic guard at the time.
I reckon every one of those discs breaks on me at some point - don't recall ever using one up or finding one had gone blunt and discarded it.
I can't remember ever using any bit on a dremel apart from drills and cutting disks, jewellry polishing not my thing.
Be warned folks.

I find the wire's from the wire brushes tend to fly off everywhere & get caught up in clothes and socks.
Annoying and painful!
Regarding the cutting discs, I only use the fiber reinforced ones now & not had any break in use.

Top Bottom