Removing crankset on Fuji bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi

I’m trying to remove the crankset on my wife’s 2009 Fuji Roubaix. It’s got a bolt with an Allen key head so I loosened it but not sure what to do next.

suggestions appreciated

the outer ring is bent

Attachments

• F133EB23-F57B-46AF-BFE9-9C02A25205B5.jpeg
    F133EB23-F57B-46AF-BFE9-9C02A25205B5.jpeg
    82.8 KB · Views: 108

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Have you loosened the two allen key bolts that hold it on? Loosen them first and then the central bolt (the black hole one). The left crank should then come off allowing you to take the right one out.

OP
OP
Levchev

Levchev

Regular
Ok
Any advise on removing the clip in pedals from the crankset ?
I read that the right side Allen bolt turns counterclockwise to loosen it and left turns clockwise

I tried them both and they are not budging

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If you just want to change the outer ring you don't need to remove the crank set. Just loose the front derailleur to move it up out of the way and maybe the chain too and you can then remove the outer chainring once you've unscrewed the bolts.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Any advise on removing the clip in pedals from the crankset ?
Advice: If you have the tool and the pedals have flats, use a pedal spanner in preference to using an allen key. You can get much more moment. Fit the crank back on securely; point the crank to the rear; fit the pedal spanner (or second best an allen key) on with the handle also pointing to the rear (works on both sides); with the fitting on the pedal flats secure (may need help) hit the spanner end hard and confidently with a rubber mallet. The shock will shift it. If a 'fail' support the bottom bracket shell with a lump of wood (to minimise the proportion of shock being absorbed by the tyres), and repeat.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Levchev

Levchev

Regular
If you just want to change the outer ring you don't need to remove the crank set. Just loose the front derailleur to move it up out of the way and maybe the chain too and you can then remove the outer chainring once you've unscrewed the bolts.
Thanks !
That worked
I’ve ordered a replacement and that’ll be much easier to install than the crankset / clip pedals

Top Bottom