Removing tubeless tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roger

Veteran
I have Hutchinson sector tubeless tyres on my winter bike, not used it since May time and fluid/ air leaking from around valve, had this a bit last winter. Have decided to replace valves, but can not get the tyres off the rims, unable to break the seal at the rim, combination of good tight fit and sealant. Any suggestions on how to get them off?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Take the tyres indoors so they warm up. Then, place the tyre on a step with the rim barely hanging off the edge of the step. Put one foot on the tyre on the step, and push down on the rim with the other foot. The key is to leave some air in the tyre, don't have it empty.

lazyfatgit

I replaced a tyre recently after almost a year. Deflated completely then had to squeeze the bead pretty hard to get it to separate from the rim. Turned out the rim tape had bonded to the inside edge of the tyre bead. Just took lots of pushing and pulling.

Can't you just add more seslant and reinflate?

D

Deleted member 1258

Take the tyres indoors so they warm up. Then, place the tyre on a step with the rim barely hanging off the edge of the step. Put one foot on the tyre on the step, and push down on the rim with the other foot. The key is to leave some air in the tyre, don't have it empty.

Wheel as a tyre lever? I haven't seen that for ages.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Was thinking about that the other day. I have just fitted a pair. They where really hard to put on. If you have a problem on the road. You could be in trouble. Think i will save them for the summer.

Top Bottom