Renewed Insurance.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
Just had the renewal in for the car insurance supplied by a 'well known national insurance coy..' Usually when I see the price hike against the previous year, it's a case of 'Yeah, jog on pal - !' :rofl: Last year, the increase was 45% - ! :eek: As I'm still the same boring old driver with the same car, I go onto 'Check-the -Meercat' and then phone up the coy., have a 'discussion' with the bod on the phone, who then knocks the price down to an acceptable figure. This has been going on for several years, but this time, if I booked the renewal online, I get a very acceptable price. However, as I'm now semi-retired and no longer in the same job, the online application prompted me to contact if any details had changed. Being very wary of how picky some insurance coys can be, made the 'phone call and the nice manny gave me an even bigger discount making the renewal price only £9 higher than last year - !
Result - ! :okay:

Hicky

Guru
Same old story. Used a compare website after a ridiculous renewal, phoned my current company to cancel and low and behold they matched it….they simply rely on laziness to fleece people.
“Competition within the market” means fleece as much as possible and buyer beware!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
If you're going with a new insurance company, make sure your present policy isn't on auto-renew!

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
they simply rely on laziness to fleece people.
Indeed. Most insurance renewals have the strapline ' if you're happy with your quote, you need do nothing..' Thus many folk chuck the quote on one side, proposing to deal with it nearer the renewal date; and forget. That's how many 'get caught out'; laziness / 'busy lives' that's costing them. :whistle:

Top Bottom