The Skoda Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Friday 13th

Rudding Park Holiday Park
Follifoot
Harrogate
North Yorkshire

PL67 DVZ. Caravan. 31.jpg

https://www.ruddingholidaypark.co.uk/camping-caravanning

I've received my insurance renewal notice for the Kodiaq this morning
Last years renewal coincided with buying it, & the premium went up by £6.27, to £220.54 (the garage gave 6 days insurance cover, to allow new owners to sort their cover out), so the entire years premium was for the Kodiaq
Fully Comp/one named driver/full NCB
I had hoped that it would go down, given that they now (supposedly) have to offer existing customers the same deal as a newcomer
Heck!, I'd even be happy if it went up by £10, or so

However, the renewal request is for £291.89

That's an increase of 30%, with no claims on/against the policy/no changes to it :cursing::cursing:
I haven't rung my insurers yet (LV) to see what they can do for me, but I have tried it as a new customer, via the website & it's £361.87!

A quick look at Compare the Market, varies from £213.26 all the way to £1,840.90:eek:

The £213.26. doesn't include the 'May Drive Other Cars' clause, & it's one of those 'web-based' sites that doesn't offer a phone number
I'd like to see how it worked out, swapping the 'guaranteed courtesy car', for an added 'May Drive Other Cars'
Rather curiously, it's underwritten by 'LV':wacko:

I've just tried Go Compare, & got the equally wide-spread range of (fully comprehensive) quotes, from £215.99 (same company as the £213.26. above), up to a remarkably silly £2603.66:eek:
The £215.99 still has no 'MDOC' cover
Going up a step to the £230.34 quote, now gives me 'MDOC' cover, but again, I don't need a courtesy car, so wonder if they could recalculate over the phone?
I may ring them in the morning

I've received my insurance renewal notice for the Kodiaq this morning
Last years renewal coincided with buying it, & the premium went up by £6.27, to £220.54 (the garage gave 6 days insurance cover, to allow new owners to sort their cover out), so the entire years premium was for the Kodiaq
Fully Comp/one named driver/full NCB
I had hoped that it would go down, given that they now (supposedly) have to offer existing customers the same deal as a newcomer
Heck!, I'd even be happy if it went up by £10, or so

However, the renewal request is for £291.89

That's an increase of 30%, with no claims on/against the policy/no changes to it :cursing:
I rang LV this morning, & asked what they could offer as a better deal, to keep me as a customer (of 6, or 7 years)
The best was £270.00:dry:

I've just got a £201.64 quotation online with them, with 'MDOC' included
I've emailed them to try & recalculate without the 'courtesy car', as it can't be done online & I won't need one

I've gone with the next one up, at £230, as it has windscreen cover, protected NCB (and the useful 'MDOC') built in, they were extras on the £201.64 policy

Gwylan

Veteran
Well "Kermit" is a 17 Citigo in a positive green, with retractable roof. Not my choice, the colour, that of the registered keeper. Bought at the end of the lease thing. Excellent value, gets breathless on long hills. But 60+ mpg.
So good, Skoda stopped selling them in UK.

Reduced to a VW UP GTI. Has anyone else noticed how much the UP, Citigo and the SEAT look alike and have very similar performance. Anyway the registered keeper liked the colour. Didn't notice the improved performance and the scope for additional enhancements either.

Currently several hundreds of miles away from Kermit so no photos.

vickster

Legendary Member
Well "Kermit" is a 17 Citigo in a positive green, with retractable roof. Not my choice, the colour, that of the registered keeper. Bought at the end of the lease thing. Excellent value, gets breathless on long hills. But 60+ mpg.
So good, Skoda stopped selling them in UK.

Reduced to a VW UP GTI. Has anyone else noticed how much the UP, Citigo and the SEAT look alike and have very similar performance. Anyway the registered keeper liked the colour. Didn't notice the improved performance and the scope for additional enhancements either.

Currently several hundreds of miles away from Kermit so no photos.

They're basically the same car from three parts of the same company... bit like the Polo, Fabia, Ibiza

I too have a Rallye Green Skoda (but it certainly doesn't get breathless on hills with its turbo and supercharged engine...nor does it get 60mpg :laugh:)

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
They're basically the same car from three parts of the same company... bit like the Polo, Fabia, Ibiza

I too have a Rallye Green Skoda (but it certainly doesn't get breathless on hills with its turbo and supercharged engine...nor does it get 60mpg :laugh:)
It's definitely not green tho, that's what the cops use......

Top Bottom