The Skoda Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Veteran
Fabia's look to have gone up a fair bit - only looking as son's may be written off - truck snapped it's prop shaft on the motorway, and pinged off down the motorway, taking about 10 cars with it. Son's car has a fair bit of damage to subframe, lower suspension, under panel covers and a chunk out of the rear trailing arm mounting point. Down side for him it's a big excess then the hassle of claiming. Prices seem to be £2-£3k above what we paid for his 2 years ago.
Why does he need to pay the excess? Surely that's coming from the Truck's insurers?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Why does he need to pay the excess? Surely that's coming from the Truck's insurers?

Not usually how insurance works - he's asked about it as he can't afford £500 for a no-fault accident, but we suspect the car will be awaiting spares for a while, so that's where he can make sure the other side know - there were a fair number of cars damaged (10) and he's had nothing other than, 'use your insurers' from their underwriters. He didn't pay when he was rear ended a couple of years ago, but this is compounded by hitting something from the front... he couldn't have stopped, nor could the other drivers.

It will be messy, but his insurers have been on it ASAP.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
My occy just passed it's 15th birthday recently. 160K on the clock, still going strong. A friend of mine (the local vet) has a Mk1 Scout with over 250K on the clock that will happily go up any farm track.

Sunday 27th

I took a different, far more pleasant route whilst heading to Lower Wharfedale, to collect the BWSOW

Gascoignes Almshouses
Great North Road (as was)
Aberford

If you're unfamiliar with the area, it's just to the west of the A1, between 'Hook Moor' (where M1joins it) & 'Bramham Cross-Roads' (where A1 intersects the A64)

https://britishlistedbuildings.co.u...ouses-and-attached-wardens-cottage-parlington
https://parlington.co.uk/structures.lasso?process=3&subProcess=struct13
https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/37610

Last edited:
Last edited:
I've received my insurance renewal notice for the Kodiaq this morning
Last years renewal coincided with buying it, & the premium went up by £6.27, to £220.54 (the garage gave 6 days insurance cover, to allow new owners to sort their cover out), so the entire years premium was for the Kodiaq
Fully Comp/one named driver/full NCB
I had hoped that it would go down, given that they now (supposedly) have to offer existing customers the same deal as a newcomer
Heck!, I'd even be happy if it went up by £10, or so

However, the renewal request is for £291.89

That's an increase of 30%, with no claims on/against the policy/no changes to it :cursing::cursing:

From my files
September 2019

The Karoq belongs to family friends
The Citigo, just parked there at times (it was a long time before I saw who drove it)
And, a surprisingly clean looking Octavia
View attachment 628223

Why are you all on the path?

Venod

Eh up
I had hoped that it would go down, given that they now (supposedly) have to offer existing customers the same deal as a newcomer

I have been a happy Aviva customer for a few years with little change in insurance costs, this year they want £70 more for the same cover, I can get the same cover cheaper than last year with Churchill, so Aviva have shot there selves in the foot.

vickster

Legendary Member
Insurance costs dropped in 2020/2021 due to Covid…increased since as the roads have gone back to normal (and claims increased in parallel)

I've received my insurance renewal notice for the Kodiaq this morning
Last years renewal coincided with buying it, & the premium went up by £6.27, to £220.54 (the garage gave 6 days insurance cover, to allow new owners to sort their cover out), so the entire years premium was for the Kodiaq
Fully Comp/one named driver/full NCB

However, the renewal request is for £291.89

That's an increase of 30%, with no claims on/against the policy/no changes to it :cursing::cursing:
I haven't rung my insurers yet (LV) to see what they can do for me, but I have tried it as a new customer, via the website & it's £361.87!

A quick look at Compare the Market, varies from £213.26 all the way to £1,840.90:eek:

Venod

Eh up

My lad bought a Volvo blind via the net, but it was a main dealer, i don't think he would have done it for a private sale.

An ex work mate bought a private sale KIA blind from the other end of the country, he was happy with it.

I wouldn't do it though.

Top Bottom