The Skoda Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Monday 7th
Whilst in York, & waiting for daughter, this Kodiaq had appeared, when I got back to mine after a walk into York centre
(like mine it was a '4x4' model)

I like that colour, & would like mine to be that instead
Petrol Blue Metallic?

Last edited:
Saturday 12th

Whilst taking a meandering drive to where we were stopping for a weekend away
(the return journey was abbrieviated, due to the inclement weather)

The Cross-Keys
East Marton
A59 (built as the 'York - Lancaster Turn-Pike')
Now, like many pubs, sadly closed

https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/60164

The Leeds & Liverpool Canal is a better known feature here, due to the bridge that carries the A59 over it
I didn't photograph it this time, as;
1. It was widdling it down
2. I think I've featured it before, in this thread?

However, this is it, Skipton is to the right of frame; https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/6469141

figbat

Slippery scientist
We’re currently tooling about in a 21-reg Kamiq S courtesy car whilst the Volvo gets fixed (traumatic removal of the front bumper whilst reversing past a low wall). I haven’t driven it yet but within the first few yards as a passenger I could tell it was the 1.0 3-cyl TSi from the noise, later supported by the lack of torque (wife still driving it like her 2.0 Volvo and finding the bottom of the rev cupboard bare). It’s a 5-speed manual too - how quaint! Nice enough car for the job though, despite having no whistles nor bells.

Mon 28th
Whitby

Dropped daughter off at Uni in York, at 10:45, & l’m day-off, so had a little trip before l pick her back up
She was supposed to have been there till 16:00, but she ended up finishing at 14:00. so I had about an hour there:sad:

I had intended coming back over 'the tops', via; Egton Bridge, Wheeldale Moor, Newton-on-Rawcliffe, & into Pickering
However, that's a more time-consuming route, so it was (the A169) Sleights, 'Blue Bank', Fylingdales Moor, 'SalterGate', 'Hole Of Horcum', to Pickering

The marks on the tarmac were from a previous 'occupant' of the space, as the Kodiaq was 'bone-dry' underneath

78EF2EB5-FAA4-4BC2-A71A-19269155B01A.jpeg

Last edited:
Sat 5th

A very ‘travelled stained’ Kodiaq this morning at work

64CAB35E-69A7-4A2F-814C-4B338ABAB21C.jpeg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Used proies seem to be holding well - Sister has just swapped her SUV Skoda for the bigger one - got the same offered by the dealer that she paid a couple of years ago.

Fabia's look to have gone up a fair bit - only looking as son's may be written off - truck snapped it's prop shaft on the motorway, and pinged off down the motorway, taking about 10 cars with it. Son's car has a fair bit of damage to subframe, lower suspension, under panel covers and a chunk out of the rear trailing arm mounting point. Down side for him it's a big excess then the hassle of claiming. Prices seem to be £2-£3k above what we paid for his 2 years ago.

Used proies seem to be holding well - Sister has just swapped her SUV Skoda for the bigger one - got the same offered by the dealer that she paid a couple of years ago.

Fabia's look to have gone up a fair bit - only looking as son's may be written off - truck snapped it's prop shaft on the motorway, and pinged off down the motorway, taking about 10 cars with it. Son's car has a fair bit of damage to subframe, lower suspension, under panel covers and a chunk out of the rear trailing arm mounting point. Down side for him it's a big excess then the hassle of claiming. Prices seem to be £2-£3k above what we paid for his 2 years ago.

On the upsides, he can't blow the engine of that one anymore... :whistle:

Ouch, though.

Top Bottom