Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley Renfrewshire informal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianjmcd

Über Member
im in paisley and looking for like minded ppl to join a ride at weekends

dont need to be speed demons just want to get together have a relaxed ride and maybe a coffee or pint halfway ;-)

Seamab

Hi Ian, i sometimes cycle out of Glasgow city centre of a Sat morn to the Renfrewshire area. Next time i'm doing this i'll give you a shout and see if we can meet up. Unfortunately, you missed the recent CC Ecosse ride from Braehead Xscape a few weeks back.

I'm not sure about this Sat as i'm fighting off a cold or some such virus at the moment, so it will probably be a short notice decision (and weather dep!). Looks like Sun is the better day this weekend at the mo.

Would like to get out and give the Gleniffer Braes a look some time...

OP
OP
ianjmcd

ianjmcd

Über Member
yeah the braes are great although not sure im fit enough to get up the hill ;-) would love to do some of the trails up there on the mtb though ;-)

the idea is just informal rides i have the option to join up with the local cycling club but a lot of them are younger and fitter and most of them take part in races which im way past and not fit enough for in any case

all ages and gender would be welcome

IE: meet at carpark at http://www.canalstation.co.uk and ride the cycle path to lochwinnoch where we could have a coffee and cake and ride back

OP
OP
ianjmcd

ianjmcd

Über Member
well depends on how many ppl that are interested if we make it a regular thing but i was thinking maybe a sunday maybe once or twice a month to begin with

Louise Harley

yeah the braes are great although not sure im fit enough to get up the hill ;-) would love to do some of the trails up there on the mtb though ;-)

the idea is just informal rides i have the option to join up with the local cycling club but a lot of them are younger and fitter and most of them take part in races which im way past and not fit enough for in any case

all ages and gender would be welcome

IE: meet at carpark at http://www.canalstation.co.uk and ride the cycle path to lochwinnoch where we could have a coffee and cake and ride back

Hi Ian
I am in Barrhead and would be glad of the company on a wee cycle at the weekends that my brother is busy. Let me know when suits

OP
OP
ianjmcd

ianjmcd

Über Member
Well How About we start it off
Weather Dependant
Date: 18/11/12
Time: 9:30
Meeting Point: Canal Station Car Park
Route To Be Decided on Day depending on who turns up
Most likely Cycle track to lochwinnoch stop for coffee/lunch

Louise Harley

Well How About we start it off

Date: 18/11/12
Time: 9:30
Meeting Point: Canal Station Car Park
Route To Be Decided on Day depending on who turns up
Most likely Cycle track to lochwinnoch stop for coffee/lunch

Should be good. How far is it and what average speeds do you think will be achieved?

OP
OP
ianjmcd

ianjmcd

Über Member
its approx 9 miles from paisley to lochwinnoch and should average about 15 miles an hour depending on who turns up and level of everyones fitness its a leisure ride not a race

Top Bottom