Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley Renfrewshire informal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

Looks like I might come along depending on the weather, it's a slight hill (you don't notice it) to Loch Winnoch but then on the way back, you absolutely fly!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
As this is on the CC Forum :thumbsup: and in the CC & Informal Rides and Events section :rolleyes:, you need to be aware of the CC Ecosse Forum Rides 'Rules':
  • NO ONE gets left behind :stop:
  • Any bike will do :wahhey:
  • there will be CAKE ! :hungry:
I'm sure you are all fully aware of these instructions - but we'll send @jazloc along just in case, to make sure you uphold the traditions of CC Ecosse !! :biggrin:

Hope you have lots of walkers on the route ;)
plenty of walkers on the route on a warm day.
and, when at the cafe, remember
Calories Burned 456.44 kcal
:giggle:

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Not sure of ho my schedule will pan out next weekend, but I might just join you for the ride. It's always nice to say hello to fellow CC'ers.

OP
OP
ianjmcd

ianjmcd

Über Member
Rasmus thats the idea get to know some ppl

jazloc is under the impression there is not many cyclists around this area when i know there is loads ;-)

OP
OP
ianjmcd

ianjmcd

Über Member
Harry where are you coming from ?? because paisley canal street station is less than 2 mins away

OP
OP
ianjmcd

ianjmcd

Über Member
yeah or you could cycle through the cycle path in the clyde tunnel ;-) which is 8 mile journey

offpeak return from anniesland to paisley is £3.70

OP
OP
ianjmcd

ianjmcd

Über Member
ive cycled the clyde tunnel many times and its safer now than it ever was now they have a controlled entrance and exit system for the cycle path

Oh, I thought that was a joke about the clyde tunnel cycle path.... I looked on google maps and I couldn't see any sign of it (I do need new glasses though!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ah, I just looked again and I see a cyclist coming out a door on an upper level away from the road... d'oh!

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I don't think there's any service on the canal line on Sundays so if you go by train, it'll have to be to Gilmour Street (which is still pretty close by).

I think the Clyde Tunnel cycle path is a dreadful place, and have always preferred the detour when it has been applicably. Of course, suburban Glasgow trains aren't exactly pleasant either...

Top Bottom