Replace parts or Buy new groupset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I good at sprinting

If I have to replace my chainset chain and rear cassette that will set me back £100 then the shifters which will be around £100 too which ends up being around £200 for £200 I could get a whole new sora groupset and I also want to get a compact crank to and that would involve changing the left shifter and the derailleur too.

That may be so, but you are still not too strong for 2300, there is nothing more to it.

Still not sure where my ability to accelerate comes into this?

OP
OP
Portableaj

Portableaj

With 10% discount it ends up being £259.
That may be so, but you are still not too strong for 2300, there is nothing more to it.

Still not sure where my ability to accelerate comes into this?
Don't worry about now Robert.

OP
OP
Portableaj

Portableaj

Ok Basically I have decided to get a new bike this time in 2014. The reason why I am going down this route is because of the weird geometry of decathlons road frames, my bike is too big for me. My bike size is a 57 and 54 bikes are too small for me.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
If the parts on your bike are worn now, and you intend to wait until next year to rectify the problem (by buying a new bike), the current bike will become unrideable in the meantime.

OP
OP
Portableaj

Portableaj

If the parts on your bike are worn now, and you intend to wait until next year to rectify the problem (by buying a new bike), the current bike will become unrideable in the meantime.
I'm going to replace the worn parts

Top Bottom