Replacement Groupset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
could be a totally clueless person who happened to of acquired them genuinely who said in the first place they were nicked?
That is not what I said, so why are you putting words in my mouth or telling other people that they are complaining? This thread has moved on a bit since the OP. I think he has had a real bargain and it is genuine, but other who have posted about their bikes being "nicked" are bound to be suspicious, and not complaining about nothing.

jack smith

Veteran
so you didnt mention stuff being nicked? lol :laugh: did the op ever say anything was nicked... people are jumping to conclusions that it was nicked, and you have just said how would i feel if my bike was nicked and stripped down the poor bloke has got a bargain and people arent happy! but if it was the others that got the bargain nothing would be said.

so you didnt mention stuff being nicked? lol :laugh: did the op ever say anything was nicked... people are jumping to conclusions that it was nicked, and you have just said how would i feel if my bike was nicked and stripped down the poor bloke has got a bargain and people arent happy! but if it was the others that got the bargain nothing would be said.
Jesus, are you reading any posts.:wacko::rolleyes:

FFS, as I said, and will say again the thread has moved on from the OP, my comments were based on you saying that people are "complaining". Why would people not complain about their bikes being stolen. Please state when I actually said that the OPs items were stolen, oh no you can't......:rolleyes:

jack smith

Veteran
look at my quote above.....you are implying things were stolen. people are complaining saying its probably nicked and they wouldnt buy it and line the pockets of a bike thief. there was no mention of it being stolen in the op that is people jumping to conclusions. i havent put words in your mouth i havent mentioned you what so ever in my original comment , infact i cant even see a comment from you before replying to mine ;) this thread has nothing to do with stuff being stolen it is about a rather nice bloke who has got one of the bargains of his lifetime and i for one hope he loves the new group! you really are a silly one.... especially as i have just quoted in the reply before you inferring that stuff was nicked.

look at my quote above.....you are implying things were stolen.
there was no mention of it being stolen in the op that is people jumping to conclusions.
Nothing like taking snippets of a statement and making more things out of it eh. I have only mentioned three times now that the thread has moved on from the OP.

BTW, apologies to @Richard Lawrence that this thread has gone this way, I think you have a bargain and not at all stolen (for the above posters benefit). Maybe @jack smith might be man enough to apologise to others for calling them complaining.

@jack smith I dont think I read it as complaining more of an observation, as to what can be and on the face of it until later in the thread it was a fare one, but once the full events came to light, I think most people were cool about it, R.L. also mentioned in hinsite it may have been wiser to mention more of the full facts, but didn't deem it necessary in the opening post.

gbb

Legendary Member
Any experienced yard/car boot sale attendee would have offered the guy two quid for the lot so you missed a real bargain there.:smile: But seriously. a cyclist who knows what this group set is worth would be open mouthed at such luck but the guy selling who just wants to get rid of the stuff along with his three cup tea set takes what he can get to avoid taking it all back home again. He could have got more if he had put it on ebay or advertized where cyclists might see it - but he didn't.
Incidentally, I don't think the concern that these were stolen items casts any doubt on your character OP but I still think it is a possibility.
Im afraid that's true right the way through for many of us. Yes, it could be knicked, if it were a 20 odd year old scruffy git selling it, i'd probably report it to a policeman if I saw one...but if it were a 35 plus year old fella, looked reasonable, i'd have his arm off.
Ive brought loads of stuff off carboots, anything and everything could be knicked...but its probably not.
As an example, I brought a box load of cycling stuff off a carboot, the seller was clearing out a load of bits that'd come from a cycle repair man who worked from his garage. It included brand new 5 and 6 speed freewheels, light brackets and secondhand lights, a pair of used but perfectly functioning Sora shifters, new handlebar grips, all sorts...50p an item. Knicked ?...well maybe, but such an assortment of new and old....his story sounded quite reasonable.

I'm sure OP felt happy with the look of his seller...that's how most of us guage whether we're happy buying something or not.

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Can't wait for the same car boot sale to come up again - the guy might bring the other box I didn't buy and wheels he mentioned. Am I gonna to say where it is - NO WAY! :bicycle:

The situation and RL's reading of the seller's character rings pretty true to me. These miracles do happen from time to time.

RL: check the limit screw on the derailleur.
A lesser bargain but my brother picked up a DI2 equipped, Chinarello (never used on road), Rollers, Turbo Garmin 705 and a few other thing I forget for £600 from a fireman who had suddenly taken fright after pulling a few folk out of crashes :sad: and decided not to cycle. My bro has put the Di2 groupset on his Cube and is using the Chinarello on the rollers :smile:

Top Bottom