Replacement shops for Wiggle/CRC?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Or just go in to the shop and show them the online price, they'll match it.
If you are a member of Cycling UK or many other organisations then you can get a code for 8% off, but it only works in a shop, not online.

Yes they will do thanks for that.
I've had some great deals from Halfords with accessories for bikes.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Bike Inn
CycleStore
Merlin
Spa
SJS
Winstanleys
JE James

OP
OP
wiggydiggy

wiggydiggy

Guru
Or just go in to the shop and show them the online price, they'll match it.
If you are a member of Cycling UK or many other organisations then you can get a code for 8% off, but it only works in a shop, not online.

Yes they will do thanks for that.
I've had some great deals from Halfords with accessories for bikes.

I am a CUK member, are you saying they will match the online price and then give me 8% off as well?

I’ve been buying stuff from Spacycles and SJSCycles for decades, always reliable and good value. I’ve also on occasion bought online from Halfords and collected instore, no problems there either.

OP
OP
wiggydiggy

wiggydiggy

Guru
I’ve been buying stuff from Spacycles and SJSCycles for decades, always reliable and good value. I’ve also on occasion bought online from Halfords and collected instore, no problems there either.

I've used SPA and SJS before but not regularly so had forgotten them. Saved most of these shops in my favourites now. Found what I wanted at Merlin bikes so ordered :okay:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just used Tredz for some Raceblade Pro XL mudguards - British Cycling 10% discount and free shipping made them about £3-6 cheaper than most places

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Wow did they actually have stock?!

Ah, I'll let you know later - say's awaiting picking. I had to register an account, so the first time I've used them !

I don't use JE James after they messed me about over a Dura Ace headset many years ago - even checking they had stock before ordering. Didn't arrive, got stuck in a back order from Madison, so ordered one from SJS which they double checked stock over the phone, arrived next day. Followed some weeks later by JE James' order. I now have a spare, which isn't a bad thing considering how rare these are these days.

Alex321

Veteran
Ah, I'll let you know later - say's awaiting picking. I had to register an account, so the first time I've used them !

I've used them quite frequently, and never had an issue. If they say they have stock, they generally do IME (unlike their sister company Halfords).

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Wow did they actually have stock?!

I've ordered a fair bit from Tredz and found them to be OK for stock IF you read the listing carefully

In Stock means what it says
In Stock with Supplier generally means it'll take a few more days, but could be a bit longer
Due in Stock on (random date) means come back next year

Also I don't think they've been mentioned, but I've had a few bits from Tweeks Cycles and found them to be good value.

Chislenko

Veteran
Have predominantly used Merlin in the past but just recently for stock availability have been using Tweeks in Wrexham.

Fortunately for me if it is something I can carry I can collect on a bike ride as it is about 20 each way.

However I did order something mail order last week and it arrived next day (free postage over £50 which my order was)

Merlin have served me well over the years but my main gripe with them is that they vet reviews and never publish less than a four star so product reviews can be a bit misleading as you don't get to see the bad reviews.

Top Bottom