Replacing battery pack cells?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beatlejuice

Gently does it...
I have a a Cytronex system fitted to my bike. At some stage the range will diminish has the battery capacity lessens. Has anyone successfully taken their battery pack apart and replaced the cells? I know it will involve using a special welding machine to reinstall them but suspect there’s more to it! I could of course just buy a new battery pack at the cost of some £500!

numbnuts

Legendary Member
My 17AH cost £400, I went into rebuilding one, but decided not too as I have to charge the said battery inside my flat.......and knowing my luck.
I also had a look at someone else doing it (proper company), but they wanted nearly as much as a new one.

Tenkaykev

Guru
There's a " Beryl " Bike hire scheme operating locally. They've recently introduced electric bikes into the scheme, and Beryl electric scooters have been available for a couple of years. Looking at them in their bays, you can see that there's a very substantial battery pack sitting underneath the deck. Because of the nature of the hire scheme the scooters are very rugged, and I expect that they've used a high quality cell. I imagine that if it were possible to adapt such a pack to be used on a bike, the range would be substantial.

jessand

Veteran
You can save £135 by getting your battery replaced by Cytronex!

CYTRONEX LITHIUM ION BATTERY PACK 198WH
Replacement of battery packs inside bottle at Cytronex.
Does not include shipping.
£365.00

OP
OP
beatlejuice

beatlejuice

Gently does it...
You can save £135 by getting your battery replaced by Cytronex!

CYTRONEX LITHIUM ION BATTERY PACK 198WH
Replacement of battery packs inside bottle at Cytronex.
Does not include shipping.
£365.00

Thanks jessand. That is probably the best option. Thought they would have told me when I brought it. I will have to start saving my pennies!

Top Bottom