replacing the padding strips in a Helmet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes - Wear a helmet
which creates a problem - when I ride I sweat - especially in the summer and going up hills

and - after several years (since I broke my arm and my old helmet got badly dented) the padding strips inside are getting a bit crushed and - basically a bit minging

so I was think of replacing them - but the ones I find on ebay/amazon etc etc are mostly generic and don't have the same shapes as the current one

Ideally just a sheet of material and I can use the old ones to cut out the right shapes - would be just fine

but I can't find either a sheet of material - or a 'kit' with the right shapes

any ideas??
(sorry - yes I have tried the manufacturers - although I may try sending them an email - just thought of that)

thanks

I bought a kit on amazon, seemed to have the right bits

Replacement Foam Helmet Pads Universal Kit Bicycle Cycling Skating

but you remind me, at our local home improvement store, in the window insulation isle, there are pkgs of foam, of various widths & thicknesses, some with adhesive tape already attached. this is used to fill gaps in doors & windows. I'm thinking you might be able to re-purpose some of that

si_c

Guru
Its not dented - the helmet itself is pretty much perfect and only a couple of year old
it is just the padding strips that are a bit crushed by use
The EPS foam breaks down over time, they usually recommend you replace it every couple of years or even the minimal protection is lost.

Top Bottom