Replacing Tiagra shifters with 105

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big_Dave

The unlikely Cyclist
Yes I got the shifters from chain reaction cycles for £99.99, with code AUTUMN to get £15 off and 5% off through Quidco/Paypal.

The shifters actually arrived today. They only came with gear cable inner..

I will replace all the cable inners and outers.

That's strange, got my shifters from CRC and they came with gear and brake cables outers and inners, I would use Shimano Sp41 for gears and SLR for Brake, they are excellent cables, don't get sucked in to buying cheap gear cables.

That's strange, got my shifters from CRC and they came with gear and brake cables outers and inners, I would use Shimano Sp41 for gears and SLR for Brake, they are excellent cables, don't get sucked in to buying cheap gear cables.
I was given a new cable by the LBS ( well one man in his shed) and its been fine, sort of kinked the one that came with the shifters.

OP
OP
pclay

pclay

Veteran
Should new shimano shifters come in a shimano branded box? The ones I got were just in zip lock bags in a plain cardboard box.

mine weren't in a shimano box (maybe they are fakes), it I think is like O.E.M. stuff in computers, kit destined for a build ect. makes no difference provided they are packaged well

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I have had various Shimano goods from CRC, some in branded boxes, some not. I think CRC do a lot of grey market imports and maybe also buy bulk stuff as a bike builder would then package it themselves?

I got mine from Ribble and it was the same.

Top Bottom