Replica Nation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hotblack Desiato

You were relatively late to this party, whoever you are, but I think it's unnecessary to go slinging around personal insults about someone you've never met, who only had the temerity to correct your wrong interpretation of an earlier comment.

You may be right about that but my interpretation of your comment was obviously charitable. If I was wrong then it is to your discredit IMO. End of.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I understand why people buy brands, all about buying into the ethos and image of the company, aligning their personal values with those of the brand.

Ask yourself if you could buy an unbranded/unknown brand cycling top/handbag/watch whatever with a similar quality and service to an expensive brand, how much cheaper would it have to be for you to buy it rather than the expensive brand?

For me, so long as it was cheaper I would buy it. I don't care about brand values and buying into it but that's just me. I suspect for some posting here it would need to be a lot cheaper

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Never been a fan of fakes, as much as I'm not a fan of rapha's creative pricing. Yet I don't particularly care what people wear or ride for that matter.

Never worn any of their stuff (never worn team kit) and probably never will, but I look at £150 for a single jersey when I can buy 10 for less elsewhere and just :laugh:

redcard

Veteran
I understand why people buy brands, all about buying into the ethos and image of the company, aligning their personal values with those of the brand.

Ask yourself if you could buy an unbranded/unknown brand cycling top/handbag/watch whatever with a similar quality and service to an expensive brand, how much cheaper would it have to be for you to buy it rather than the expensive brand?

For me, so long as it was cheaper I would buy it. I don't care about brand values and buying into it but that's just me. I suspect for some posting here it would need to be a lot cheaper

One point you see to be missing is that unbranded products are generally lower quality.

Give us a few examples of these amazing unbranded goods you are buying..

redcard

Veteran
Not at all - the OP was wondering why anyone would buy the fakes. People who buy fakes are not the snobs, they are people who like the overpriced style but can't afford it. The snobs are those who believe no one but a select few should be able to wear the pricey stuff. Gad, I can't believe I just took the time to explain that again.

Can't believe this comment got so many likes as it's so obviously completely made-up nonsense.

People can't wear fakes and be snobs? I've come across plenty people wearing fake jewellery who would like to think of themselves as snobs.

I have no idea who these 'select few' are either who don't want the plebs wearing pricey gear.

pauldavid

Veteran
Complete tosh. People who buy fakes are just as much taken in by the falsity of the designer label culture as those who have to parade their excessive consumption by buying the ostentatious 'genuine' article. It is a symptom of shallow, superficiality.

No doubt my explanation is completely wasted on your level of comprehension but one has to try.
I sense your angry?

You've recently checked your bank balance?

And still can't afford Rapha?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
One point you see to be missing is that unbranded products are generally lower quality.

Give us a few examples of these amazing unbranded goods you are buying..

Read my post again and then have another try. I was presenting the hypothetical position of a branded and unbranded product of same quality and asked how much cheaper the unbranded product would need to be for you to prefer to buy it

Top Bottom