Reported a driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave Davenport
Please don't get me wrong, I wont defend stupid people and lousy driving and I don't doubt really that you are right. I also know what your signal meant and you KNOW what it meant but as I said in a mirror he probably saw what he expected to see. Trouble is it's a no win situation, after all, IF you had been flicking the V's etc you wouldn't have filmed it on camera [if you had one] would you ? Thus if it goes to court it's just "he started it, no I didn't" and so on. The worst possibility is with acouple of mates on board YOU could have ended up with a good kicking, it just aint worth it, the world is full of t----rs just be glad you aren't one of 'em and let it go.
"Road rage" is common now in cars, trucks and yep even on cycles, we're stuck with it, just let these d--ks go on their way and keep safe.

I can see your point and I know a number of cyclists who feel the same. However, I believe people like that are basically bullies and will continue to act that way as long as they think they can get away with it.
It's a close judgement call and much depends on your own confidance in dealing with a situation so I perfectly understand your reasoning.

Crankarm

Guru
How is an altercation like this ever going to end well? In a split second he could have easily decided to run you down. How would your wife feel with you dead on the road or seriously injured lying in a hopsital bed?

Don't get into altercations with drivers it is simply not worth it. Get an Airzound and a couple of quality head cams instead.

Still a pedal scrape down the side of the car would look good.

Learn from this and move on.

400bhp

Guru
Don't get into altercations with drivers it is simply not worth it. Get an Airzound and a couple of quality head cams instead.

Still a pedal scrape down the side of the car would look good.

How does an airzound or pedal scrape diffuse the situation?

Top Bottom