Reporting mobile use while driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Punishment, i.e. consequences such as filming and public shame, speeding tickets, etc., almost always piss people off. Why are you suggesting there should be no consequences?

Moderators

Legendary Member
Your attention is drawn to the Guidelines:
  • Respect - Please be respectful and considerate to other CycleChat members.
  • Inappropriate conduct - Don't insult, bully, undermine, stalk, flame, troll, bait or otherwise harass other members of CycleChat. If a disagreement makes you angry, take a break and come back later when you are more composed.
Keep away from the personal insults, please - otherwise this thread will be locked.

@ steveinnorthants - my "An ignorant, complacent idiot" was out of place and unnecessarily personal. My apologies.

No excuse - but it came from a deep wellspring of anger about a situation that affected my family for several years, in which ...
- camera footage was instrumental in getting violent thugs locked up, and neighbours-from-hell evicted;
- the guy who put me in hospital, and tried to do the same to my kids, would have had his day in court - IF there had been camera footage to demolish his lies about his assaults, and the lies told by supposed "witnesses".

this forum is becoming heavily populated by camera weilding cyclists who see it as their duty to go round and film every incident, be it a close pass, a lorry jumping a red light, someone not seeing a cyclist etc etc etc... we are not law enforcement officers, if you want to be one then join up as a special!

Or as being populated by a growing number of cyclists who have either first or second hand experience of incidents where not having potential evidence (in the form of video footage) has meant dangerous or criminal driving has escaped prosecution and where having the evidence has lead to some rather nasty people being caught. Having a camera on your bike (or car etc) doesn’t make you a wannabe law enforcement officer, I see it as just a bit of added insurance

It will be interesting to see what personal abuse steveinnorthants throws out this time.

Errr.....seem to recall it was you that started the personal abuse......for which you subsequently apologised, obviously that apology was not genuine.
I'm not gonna waste my time responding on this thread, good luck filming guys.

It will be interesting to see what personal abuse steveinnorthants throws out this time.

Errr.....seem to recall it was you that started the personal abuse......for which you subsequently apologised
I'm glad you noted my apology - it was sincere at the time, I assure you.

However, it seems my apology and withdrawal of the comment may have been premature - given your failure to reciprocate, both for your abuse given in this thread, and that by message to my profile.

Obviously your apology was as genuine as the probable cock and bull story about your first hand experience.

End of..... Will leave you and your sad mates to film who the hell they like, have fun, maybe in another life you can be a real law enforcer and wear the uniform.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Obviously your apology was as genuine as the probable cock and bull story about your first hand experience.

End of..... Will leave you and your sad mates to film who the hell they like, have fun, maybe in another life you can be a real law enforcer and wear the uniform.

Steve
Some helmet camera cyclist do wear the uniform and are real law enforcers in this life!

Reactions: gaz
Top Bottom