Reporting mobile use while driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Perhaps in Scotland they drive with a phone in one hand and a bottle in the other ,the link below is just what I was trying to say about facts and figures.
'' It is estimated that just more than one in seven deaths on Scottish roads involve drivers who are over the legal limit ''
http://m.scotsman.com/news/transport/scottish_motorists_defy_festive_drink_drive_crackdown_1_203979
You don't see police calling for these type of punishments for mobile phone use.
mobile phone use is in the same category /no seatbelt /and speeding.
there are millions of drivers every day using their mobiles if it was that bad hundreds of dead and injured on or road every day.
http://m.scotsman.com/news/transport/scottish_motorists_defy_festive_drink_drive_crackdown_1_203979
So because hundreds of people don't die everyday, then we should just ignore it?

bjellys

You got it in one

bjellys

It seems to me that the camera wielding cyclists really do have a deep rooted underlying attitude problem with other road users and perhaps need some anger management help to get over these issues .They also need to know that it is the car drivers that pay for them to use the roads ( car tax & fuel duty )
I would like to read the posts on here , the day when it is announced that cyclists will have to pay road tax insurance / MOT & last but not least have registration numbers.

You all need to chill out and have a bit of give and take not just take.

That's my lot I am off out now on my bike with my dog to enjoy the day ,and before you ask yes I have got a pocket full of poo bags
Have a good day ( turn your cameras off ) and enjoy it & stop your constant moaning and being negative, it will feel a whole better to get this burden off your back.

gavintc

Guru
I .They also need to know that it is the car drivers that pay for them to use the roads ( car tax & fuel duty )
I would like to read the posts on here , the day when it is announced that cyclists will have to pay road tax insurance / MOT & last but not least have registration numbers.

Prat.

You need to learn a little bit more about how the government tax us and spend the money. Buying a fiddle tank does not give you any 'ownership' of a piece of road anymore than paying VAT on a pie does not give you 'ownership' of the pie shop.

bjellys

You need to learn a little bit more about how the government tax us and spend the money. Buying a **** tank does not give you any 'ownership' of a piece of road anymore than paying VAT on a pie does not give you 'ownership' of the pie shop.

The cycling community me included pays F### All towards the roads if it wasn't for the motorists revenue income tax and vat would be astronomical.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
It seems to me that the camera wielding cyclists really do have a deep rooted underlying attitude problem with other road users and perhaps need some anger management help to get over these issues .

LOL, not this old saw again!! No, I don't see anyone with a deep seated anger problem, or even a mild one. Most of us are doing this from a community duty point of view, making a steady difference in the behaviour of the minority of motons out there.

Instead I think you're projecting, and you don't like the potential of having consequences brought to your own driving.

They also need to know that it is the car drivers that pay for them to use the roads ( car tax & fuel duty )

Motorists pay for cyclists to use the roads? Nonsense, on the contrary it is cyclists and other non-drivers who are subsidising the use of the roads by private motorists. All motoring related taxes don't even come close to paying the true cost of motoring. I'm not complaining by the way, I'm very happy that my own driving is subsidised by others to some small degree.

You all need to chill out and have a bit of give and take not just take.

Ah, just the sort of thing I often see from camera cyclists, but so very rarely from the misbehaving drivers that tend to be the majority of subjects in their youtube videos.

That's my lot I am off out now on my bike with my dog to enjoy the day ,and before you ask yes I have got a pocket full of poo bags
Have a good day ( turn your cameras off ) and enjoy it & stop your constant moaning and being negative, it will feel a whole better to get this burden off your back.

You seem to be the only one with any moaning here. You can get happy pills at the doctor, you know.

bjellys

bjellys said:

AS for moaning it is not in my nature to moan .It seems I totally got it wrong when I started posting on this thread ,in the beginning I thought that driving after drinking ten pints of lager & a few shots was much worse than answering a call from the wife on my mobile.

Swinley forest here I come for some peace and quite

gavintc

Guru
The cycling community me included pays F### All towards the roads if it wasn't for the motorists revenue income tax and vat would be astronomical.

Yawn.

The government runs its money as a central pot. Even national insurance gets dumped into this pot. So, we do not even fund the NHS and Social Security from a separate fund. Into this pot goes VED, VAT, Income Tax etc etc. So, when you are out riding today ponder the VAT on your bike, the income tax you pay etc etc. These all pay for the roads.

stephen.rooke

Roads sent paid from ved. Ved is just a pollution tax. Most new cars have very little or no ved. And for your information most of us here have cars as well. I pay over £200 ved. Paying ved doesn't mean you can act like a ****. I'll pay ved on my bike if you want. Its 0 emissions so I'll pay nothing and means other taxes would have to go up to cover the cost of the paperwork. Everyone contributes to the roads via vat, income tax etc, you'll prob find that the vat on my bike was more than most people pay in ved

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
Is there a form for reporting lorry drivers who are holding a clipboard in front of their face entirely WHILST DRIVING?
Was crssoing the road outside work this morning & luckily, he had a very jazzy-looking cab which made me look up and notice he was reading directions and not looking at the road at all.

If not I might be a Tillyflop pancake right now.

benb

Evidence based cyclist

I don't think you understand how the treasury works.

All tax goes into a central pot. VED doesn't pay for the roads, except in the very loose sense that ALL tax pays for the roads; and schools, police, civil service, NHS, etc. etc.

Top Bottom