Reporting mobile use while driving

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Twenty Inch, 4 Mar 2010.

1. glenn forger

glenn forger Guest

That's cos "In-car distractions" are listed separately.

2. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Moderator

Do you not think it possible that some of those close passes that you are worried about are distracted by their mobile phones?

Lonestar likes this.
  3. glenn forger

glenn forger Guest

These criminal drivers are massively under-reported. Drivers are stationary and get rear-ended, it just goes through the insurance, no police involvement and no penalty for the driver playing with their phone.

4. benb

benb Evidence based cyclist

Mobile phone drivers ARE dangerous.

The only explanation that comes to mind as to why @bozmandb9 tolerates mobile phone use when driving is that he does it.

Lonestar likes this.
  5. summerdays

I've just passed a car (I'm in a car too on the motorway), which has mounted their phone on their mirror!:eek:

6. Andrew_P

Andrew_P In between here and there

I am amazed the EU does not follow some US states in that there is a total ban of anything attached to the windowscreen. Spme cars that pass me have those huge tablet phones bang in the middle and a Satnav on the other side with wires hanging down etc, farking madness really when you think about it, even without the distraction element the blind spots are farking ridiculous. Worst still I have seen them bang in the middle of the drivers eye line

CopperCyclist likes this.
  7. Stinboy

Stinboy Well-Known Member

I hope you weren't driving when you posted that ;)

8. summerdays

Of course not....:ohmy::biggrin: I even checked Mr Summerdays phone for him when it went beep to find out what it was!

9. Brilliant - many thanks for this.

10. Lonestar

Lonestar Veteran

Passed a cyclist on the return commute (last night) on the CS 3 who was happily staring into his phone.What a complete moron.

11. Roadrider48

Roadrider48 Voice of the people

You do know, don't you, that cyclists are above any wrong doing.
    It is impossible for a cyclist to act improperly- after all, they have Jesus on their side.
    Just ask some of the people here, they'll put you right on that!

Lonestar likes this.
  12. Lonestar

Lonestar Veteran

Yes I do realise I am not perfect and I try to play the good guy and don't always get it right.That doesn't mean I jump the reds because it suits me and nobody else or use a mobile while cycling or walking up the street.

Then again I'm old enough now to know what happens when you (not you,me).Cycle like an idiot.

Last edited: 26 Jun 2016
    Roadrider48 likes this.
  13. The difference is that the cyclist is not breaking the law

14. Lonestar

Lonestar Veteran

Yeah I forgot and of course this makes it ok.That's a pretty shocking and stupid assessment but then again why should I be surprised about the stupidity on here? More than once I've been overtaken by the latest red light jumping no lights clown on one of the Cycle Superhighways while he stares at his phone or is engaged in a call.

Last edited: 21 Jul 2016
  15. Roadrider48

Roadrider48 Voice of the people

I do know that....it was tongue in cheek post.
    Don't let the EU stuff blind you to my fantasticness.

Lonestar likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice