Reporting mobile use while driving

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Twenty Inch, 4 Mar 2010.

1. Lonestar

Lonestar Veteran

Good job.

2. Sixmile

Sixmile Über Member

40,000 or 22 per day caught within the last 5 years here in Northern Ireland.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...t-the-wheel-in-northern-ireland-35267999.html

It's scary that that's just the one's that have been caught. This is only the tip of the iceberg but well done to the PSNI at least for catching some of them.

Lonestar likes this.
  3. david k

david k Hi

Don't report it whilst driving, wait until you stop ^_^

4. sheddy

sheddy Guru

Hertfordshire Police policy is to just send offenders on a one day course.
    Your chance to have a say http://www.hertscommissioner.org/plan
    (comments box at the end of online survey)

5. Tom B

Tom B Über Member

Lonestar likes this.
  6. Lonestar

Lonestar Veteran

7. dhd.evans

dhd.evans Über Member

Local rag picked up my video today. Wasn't asked for permission or comment mind...

8. Jackmaster

Jackmaster Regular

So isn't your name David Evans as in the article?

I saw a sign the other day saying you get 6 points now if caught. Is this true? See 100 people a day on their phones whilst driving. If I do why on earth can't the police or the CCTV that our country is full of?

I live on a road with a slight hill and a speed camera halfway down. 3 sets of lights 3/4 of a mile apart. Average speed has to be 40 MPH on the road at least. In a built up area so 30.

Bizarrely we have a dual carriage way that was 60 for years which has now been strangled and reduced to 40. Funnily enough the majority abide by this even though there is 0% of people crossing it as it isn't built up and no pavements!!

I'm a cyclist and a motorist. Never ceases to amaze me how many drivers are complete idiots racing to the next set of lights and how much effort it must take to indicate or switch on lights when conditions dictate!

9. GuyBoden

GuyBoden Fat, old bloke, on an old bike, pedalling slowly.

A construction company pickup driver slowly pulled out of a quiet side street T-junction without looking, while reading texts on his mobile. I had to swerve to avoid him, I was so annoyed I called him a F...cking idiot at his window, he drove on undeterred. I wouldn't be surprised if he did it on purpose.

10. Drago

Drago Guru

A Foxtrot India would probably be a promotion for him.

GuyBoden likes this.
  11. Vantage

Vantage The dogs chew toy

How easy it in your areas to report crap/selfish/dangerous driving?
    I ask because a few months ago whilst on my way to pick up miniV, some bellend was driving literally inches from my rear mudguard.
    GMP take reports of this nature via Operation Considerate. My attempt to use it to report the incident left me so infuriated that I simply gave up. The difficulty in editing a specific form in order to be filled in and sent back to them in particular had me swearing.

12. glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist Charming but somewhat feckless

There's no online option up here. If it's a bad enough incident I'll burn footage to DVD and hand it in, along with a covering statement, to my local police station. I also keep a copy on my iPod so I can show them at the time, rather than them having to wait until they check the DVD.

13. Lonestar

Lonestar Veteran

nfinite-the-universe-and-human-stupidity-and-i-m-not-sure-about-the-former-albert-einstein-56412.jpg

Seen mobile use quite a bit recently from cyclists/motorists/pedestrians.Obviously people put personal and other peoples safety right down the pan.

14. benb

benb Evidence based cyclist

Are you suggesting pedestrians shouldn't use mobile phones?

15. 50K

50K New Member

one experience I had with a hampstead bored housewife in a landrover explorer (5 mins late taking kids to school) was a cut up at a bollard pinch point, luckily I managed to catch her in bumper to bumper traffic halfway up the hampstead hill, knocked on her window and she almost shat her pants (as she was facebooking at the time and must have thought I was a cop). So I told her where she was wrong, her repy was ''Well, I'm in the car, you are on the bike - You Be Careful!'' and shot off once the traffic had moved on ... Thats the attitude of some of these B**ches. Damn I wish I had that recorded ...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice