Reporting mobile use while driving

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Twenty Inch, 4 Mar 2010.

1. Lonestar

Lonestar Veteran

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44584261

I know people are pretty thick sometimes but this is just plain ignorant if it was true.I find mobile phones so unsociable at work and generally it's the same people blabbing on them all day,Still not all my work colleagues are like this.

Last edited: 23 Jun 2018
  2. simongt

simongt Über Member

Indeed. I find it so peculiar that where I work, at every break, there's a mad rush to folk's lockers so they can retrieve their cellphones just in case they MIGHT have missed something of world changing importance - ! :hyper:
    Mine - ? Goes in my locker at the start of shift and that's where it stays 'til I knock off - ! :thumbsup: :rofl:

Lonestar and Drago like this.
  3. Drago

Drago Guru

People seem to have devolved a rather sad, psychological dependency on smart phones. Facetwotspace doesn't help either, the saddos compelled to check every 3 seconds in case they missed a photo of someone's lunch.

confusedcyclist and Lonestar like this.
  4. Lonestar

Lonestar Veteran

It does seem like that.

I never carry it unless im out all day.In other words local trips like the shops...etc...Also at work I rarely use it.

Yesterday I was cycling up Carnarvon Road Stratford (I was the victim of two deliberate dangerous passes in two weeks down this road,recently)where a halfwit in a Ford Mondeo with big headphones on was bugging me so I let him pass (I generally do because I don't trust those f-wits). As he passed I could see he was staring at a mobile phone screen in his right hand while he was driving.FFS!

2ex2ckg.gif

Last edited: 27 Jun 2018
    Drago likes this.
  5. Arjimlad

Arjimlad Tights of Cydonia

I put this in the Tales from Today's Commute but it might be better put here. I caught a BMW driver cruising slowly uphill in slow traffic, with his window down. As I overtook I saw he was using a handheld mobile but the dialling-out tone seemed to be coming from his car speakers. The camera was on my helmet so the film of this is crystal clear. I have uploaded it to Avon & Somerset's dashcam page and the driver is to receive a notice of intended prosecution. I don't know if it will be 3 points or 6, clearly it should be the latter.

benb and Drago like this.
  6. Tizme

Tizme Über Member

Good for you, cycling home from work one evening having just negotiated a staggered crossroads I noticed a bus turning into the road I had just exited with the driver looking down at, at first glance, his right ankle, it was only as I went passed I realised he was actually texting! I was disappointed when I checked the video from my headcam that it had failed to pick it up or it would have been sent straight to the bus company.

Arjimlad likes this.
  7. Arjimlad

Arjimlad Tights of Cydonia

Pleased to report that I have had two local phone abusers receiving notices of intended prosecution including the chap above. The second was driving a large SUV in slow-moving traffic & drifting towards the kerb where cyclists were filtering on the left. Having the camera on the helmet seems to do a reasonable job of catching this sort of thing and Avon & Somerset police seem to be happy to use the footage.

Tizme and Drago like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice