Reporting mobile use while driving

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Missing the green light to send that text...

Signum-GB

Regular
Is there a crime link for Edinburgh if anyone on this forum knows of one? Ie for mobile use, dangerous driving etc.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
What's the motivation for honest citizens to report wrong doers if they're not finding out whether or not they were prosecuted?
Bit of a thread ressurection :smile:
Reported a chap driving past junior school when i was about to pick up mini ck 2.
I had the time , date, vehicle, name and number as it was plasrted over the side of the van local one man builder and the plod said they would not proceed with any investigation as they did not witness it.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Interestingly, the French have just introduced a fine of €1500 and 3 points for driving whilst.... wait for it.... watching a film! ^_^

Surely there's some generic law that'd do the trick. Do people really need to be told that it's dangerous to drive whilst doing a jigsaw puzzle? (No need to answer that btw)

The fine for driving whilst on a mobile has also been raised to €1500 and 3 points.
I don’t know about France, but, in UK, there where already existing laws to cover things like mobile phone use. Those laws where ( and still are) not enforced. Only a Politician could imagine that introducing yet another law (which is not enforced) would solve the problem.

Signum-GB

Regular
None in Scotland, you report it in person or via 101and take pot luck. Chances are the cop assigned to it will not GAF.

Always the case here. As I have dialled 101 when on the motorway and seen a driver texting and driving for the best part of a few miles. Then they want all your details and I can't be bothered with that.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Been banging in those reports to A&S Police. Although I try to catch what they're actually viewing on the phones it is not always clear. However, the Police say they will either warn a phone user, or where the actual use of the phone for an interactive communication is shown, prosecute. Other than that we get told nothing about the consequences of reports where we are simply witnesses (including scary close passes, unfortunately).

One driver (top left in this photo) I reported for phone use and a close pass gave me a very hard stare a week or so later, as she passed me, minus her mobile phone, leaving me oodles of room. Job jobbed !

Cycling_Samurai

I see people on the phone, glued to their face often. I have been shocked to pass other people riding bicycles doing the same thing!

I see people on the phone, glued to their face often. I have been shocked to pass other people riding bicycles doing the same thing!
yes that and obviously using a hand-held phone as a GPS. Pretty sure some of those are going to get smashed. Though I can see some smashing themselves in an effort to protect the beloved thing if they have an off/collision.

Been banging in those reports to A&S Police. Although I try to catch what they're actually viewing on the phones it is not always clear. However, the Police say they will either warn a phone user, or where the actual use of the phone for an interactive communication is shown, prosecute. Other than that we get told nothing about the consequences of reports where we are simply witnesses (including scary close passes, unfortunately).

One driver (top left in this photo) I reported for phone use and a close pass gave me a very hard stare a week or so later, as she passed me, minus her mobile phone, leaving me oodles of room. Job jobbed !

View attachment 506041
I'm surprised you've never had your head kicked in!

Do you photograph builder's vans full of young fella's or just single people?

You on a pushbike or motorbike?

You do realise video cameras attached to helmets or bikes pick up all sorts of transgressions?
I'm sure they do,

I'm just pointing out some people would take a rather dim view of being recorded by a 'civilian' and reported to the Police.

Cyclist's have a bad time as it is without people like this making it worse, I didn't realise this sort of thing existed?

Jeez.

Top Bottom