repositioning shifters without rewrapping the tape ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
let's have a look at the whole bike and a pic of you on inform the side.
IMG_20150504_102637924_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150504_102646626_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150504_102921449_HDR.jpg
IMG_20150504_103133304_HDR.jpg

TissoT

Guru
What size are your frames ....look at little low at the front
can you flip your stem over to raise the stem.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

53 and a 54
I actually ride most of the time with arms bent 90 degrees ish on the hoods as i find it comfy , i can raise the stem 2 spacers on both bikes, approx 5 cm drop saddle to hoods.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

@tissot
@mickle
I tried a 10 mm shorter stem today and my hands felt numb after a few miles and lasted all the way around , you think i should have kept the old stem and raised it ?

TissoT

Guru
@tissot
@mickle
I tried a 10 mm shorter stem today and my hands felt numb after a few miles and lasted all the way around , you think i should have kept the old stem and raised it ?
As said ... you are high on the seat thus tipping down at the front resting on your wrists
Hence the numbing in your hands , you may need a stem thats a 10/15 degree raise on it .IMO

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

OK , today i have raised the bars on the commuter so all the spacers are underneath, i remeasured the drop and its now 5 cm from saddle tip to top of stem, i can then try flipping the stem.
Off to work in a minute so i will see how it feels

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Well no slower and hands have not tingled for two days so fingers crossed , done the same to the boardman.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As said ... you are high on the seat thus tipping down at the front resting on your wrists
Hence the numbing in your hands , you may need a stem thats a 10/15 degree raise on it .IMO
Bit of an update .
Played around with bike and i have moved the saddle back, fitted a shorter stem and raised it by 1 spacer and it feels a lot better , the red bike i used to feel like i was stretching to the drops but now it feels like im comfy at last .
Thanks all for your help .

TissoT

Guru
I am pleased you got a result .. its all trial and error
Now the know your position take some mental notes

Top Bottom