research for university

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lovecycling

Hello everyone,

Me and few others of my group mates have to do assignment about cyclists as a tourists.
We are trying to find data about cyslist tourists in uk, but there is not much information about it..

The questions we are looking at is

1) what type of accommodation do you choose?
2) how do you book your holidays if you wish to take your bike with you?
3)What is the budged ?
4) duration?
5) traveling alone or in groups?

We would be very gragrateful if you could answer on few of the question belowe .
Or share with your expierence as a cyclist tourist.
Many thanks!

Ern1e

Über Member
Firstly I would recomend that you read @SatNavSaysStraightOn post "nother ellow bike" thread you should find out just about all you may need to in it !! plus it's a damed fine read.The little touring I have done so far which is nothing compared to the above I may add,I have used a tent and I am one of those implulsive fools who just sets off mainly weekends and as to budget (not budged) lol it's usualy quite small.

1) Cheap: camping, B&B, al fresco, bus stops, empty football grounds etc.
2) I choose a destination (with a warm climate) and either take a bike with me, or buy one on arrival if it is a cheaper/better option.
3) Depending on where I am, I try and have a set budget of £10-£15 a day for food/drink, plus whatever I may have to fork out for accommodation.
4) As long as possible between October and March if planning a major ride.
5) I'm equally happy to tour with a friend, a group of friends or on my own.

And use a spell checker! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
L

lovecycling

Firstly I would recomend that you read @SatNavSaysStraightOn post "nother ellow bike" thread you should find out just about all you may need to in it !! plus it's a damed fine read.The little touring I have done so far which is nothing compared to the above I may add,I have used a tent and I am one of those implulsive fools who just sets off mainly weekends and as to budget (not budged) lol it's usualy quite small.

snorri

Legendary Member
Where are you lovecycling? Do you cycle tour in your own country?1
1) what type of accommodation do you choose? I take a tent and use camp sites mainly, but also use hostels. After some days of camping I take a break in a hotel in a city for a night or two.
2) how do you book your holidays if you wish to take your bike with you? Only outward train trip from home is booked. Any further booking would mean adhering to a timetable which would be stressful.
3)What is the budged ? No set budget, I live within my means, same as at home,
4) duration? Varies from a week to a max of 8 weeks
5) traveling alone or in groups? Always solo, but might meet up with other cycle tourists and travel together for a few days.

OP
OP
L

lovecycling

Where are you lovecycling? Do you cycle tour in your own country?1
1) what type of accommodation do you choose? I take a tent and use camp sites mainly, but also use hostels. After some days of camping I take a break in a hotel in a city for a night or two.
2) how do you book your holidays if you wish to take your bike with you? Only outward train trip from home is booked. Any further booking would mean adhering to a timetable which would be stressful.
3)What is the budged ? No set budget, I live within my means, same as at home,
4) duration? Varies from a week to a max of 8 weeks
5) traveling alone or in groups? Always solo, but might meet up with other cycle tourists and travel together for a few days.
Thank you!:smile:

1) what type of accommodation do you choose?
2) how do you book your holidays if you wish to take your bike with you?
3)What is the budged ?
4) duration?
5) traveling alone or in groups?

1 - accommodation? always tent if cycle touring unless the weather has been dire for 3 or 4 days and we need to bale before we get to campsite (as opposed to taking my bike on holiday with me, then self catering and only ever self-catering...)
2 - booking? on tour, never booked - may have to make arrangements for the car if needed, so something secure parking (such as a ferry port) otherwise if it is a case of the bikes coming with us, I will contact a friend by email and ask is she has any of her holiday cottages available...
3 - budget? is usually as cheap as possible...
4 - duration? anything from overnight to well our longest to date was 12 months... but that was exceptional. usually 2 weeks
5 - travelling? - usually with my husband, just very occasionally alone.

Top Bottom