Resht in peace

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I think his best film is The Untouchables.

AndyRM

XOXO
It's not like Connery is alone in his questionable behaviour, yet enjoys enduring popularity.

To be clear, I'm not condoning it, but it's a strange old thing when folk don't want to admit the flaws of their heroes.

Kryton521

Über Member
Yes a fine actor. Bad that he thought or felt it was Ok to, "only slap women with an open hand". Certainly not the best Bond, personal opinions will be just that.

"Death will take us all.........."

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
RIP. By far the best Bond. Plus he rode a Moto Guzzi 😁

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
By far the best Bond.

It's nice to say nice things when someone dies, but I wonder if this statement stands up to scrutiny.

Roger Moore did a decent job, as did Daniel Craig, Timothy Dalton, and even George Lazenby.

The conclusion could be the character of Bond as created by the writers, producers, and directors of the films, as opposed to the books, was good fun and worked well on the big screen.

Who played him was largely irrelevant.

Bonus

Veteran
My fav Connery film was "The First Great Train Robbery". Second was probably "Highlander".

As far as James Bond is concerned, I find them all to be different enough from each other that you can't easily compare them. I'm sure it also depends which actor you saw playing Bond first and how old you were at the time. The first Bond film I saw at the pictures was "Live and Let Die" and it certainly left an impression on me. Plus it had the best Bond theme song ever :-)

Top Bottom