Resht in peace

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
<snip> ...
Who played him was largely irrelevant.
I think this is the stupidest post on the thread so far.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I think this is the stupidest post on the thread so far.

Come on then, Barry Norman, what do you think made the Bond films memorable?

I reckon it's stuff like the stunts, always performed in Bond's immaculate grey suit, the opening jingle just before Bond fires the single shot, the theme song, the Bond girl, the Bond car, the Bond villain, and so on.

Even some of the stories were quite strong, although that was never the series's strongest point.

Amongst all that lot there's really not much room for an actor to showcase his talents.

Connery knew it, which is why he quit playing Bond early to prove himself in more challenging roles.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Brosnan, Moore and Craig will pretty much only be remembered for playing Bond. Just like Timothy thingy. Connery went on from the role to become a genuine Hollywood A-Lister.

Still think he was the best Bond though. Craig gets the physicality right but not the wit or style. Moore was all wit and style. Brosnan was just style. can't remember Timothy thingy. Connery managed to get all 3 main attributes - physicality, wit and style together with possibly the most important attribute - screen presence.

As you'd expect, there's been a lot of people on social media sharing stories and their memories of the man. My favourite was from someone who saw him at Edinburgh Airport. After dithering for ages and following him around because he wasn't quite sure, he finally approached him -

"Excuse me, are you Sean Connery?"

"Yesh, now fark off"

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Brosnan, Moore and Craig will pretty much only be remembered for playing Bond.

Of the 'other' Bonds, they were among the ones who did the most outside the role.

Moore never meant a lot in Hollywood, but Brosnan certainly did, and Craig will no doubt still have ambitions in that direction.

Timothy Dalton and George Lazenby were relative nobodies outside 007.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Everyone I've known who got to 89 was content to go at any time, in fact many were fed up it hadn't happened yet!
The aunty is 95, just this week has had a half hip operation and fights for every day.

AndyRM

XOXO
Of the 'other' Bonds, they were among the ones who did the most outside the role.

Moore never meant a lot in Hollywood, but Brosnan certainly did, and Craig will no doubt still have ambitions in that direction.

Timothy Dalton and George Lazenby were relative nobodies outside 007.

Relative to what? Both Dalton and Lazenby have had wide and varied careers.

Top Bottom