resolder wires in a garmin edge ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
replaced a battery in an edge 200 but the speaker wires need soldering in , looks like solder on the speaker if i bought a cheap solder gun could i join the speaker wire ?

the_mikey

Legendary Member
It's just a basic piezo electric sounder and should be easy to solder, just avoid overheating the unit or applying heat for longer than is needed, allow to cool a little between soldering attempts. Make sure you have tinned the cable ends with a small gauge rosin core solder, as this will significantly improve the chances of making a good joint.

wonderloaf

Veteran
Don't know about you but I can never hear the buzzer on my 200 anyway, so wouldn't bother!
Then again maybe I'm going deaf .. sorry did you say something?

Tom B

Guru
When working with really fine stuff I've usually found the nibs of solder irons too large so swapped them for darning needles and thick sewing needles.

I am bit dispraxic and often find it easier to mount the solder iron in a third hand and offer the components to it.

A solder iron with adjustable temperature is handy too, then lots of practice with odds and ends before buggering up the work peice.

Top Bottom