Result!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’m on a short reccy ride today, and I stopped at a new ( ish ) craft beer place, not far from where my Triban 560 got swiped. I’m on the heavy duty Hybrid, and I locked it with a lock I bought from Lidl a few years ago. It’s one of those foldy uppy ‘Meccano’ looking numbers. I locked it around the rear triangle ( seat and chain stays ) and through the wheel, and through the bike loop, outside of the pub, right outside the window, by which I was sat. As I was sitting having a nice pint of Porter, I clocked a guy giving the bike a sly look as he walked past. The lock was not at all obvious, in the position it was in. A minute later, the same guy walked back up the road, with his baseball cap slightly pulled down. As he walked past my bike, he tried to grab it. Oopsy daisy. Obviously it didn’t move, so he pulled out a pair of ( what looked like ) sawn off bolt croppers, for want of a better description. He was busily looking for a lock, so I walked up behind him and enquired as to whether he needed something. I’ve never actually seen someone crap themselves, before now. He sprinted off, without looking, and very very nearly ended up under the wheels of an approaching bus. Unfortunately I couldn’t catch the little barsteward. However, the fact he nearly ended up as a grease spot did make me happy:

Elysian_Roads

Glad, the bike didn't get stolen and it didn't result in aggro. Is it worth checking if the local area was covered by CCTV?

I've always been amazed to think that these scrotes actually walk around with bolt cutters for the sole purpose of stealiing bikes. Now that you've actually witnessed it in real life really brings it home, next thing you know they'll have angle grinders down their trousers. Good result anyway:okay:

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
I've always been amazed to think that these scrotes actually walk around with bolt cutters for the sole purpose of stealiing bikes. Now that you've actually witnessed it in real life really brings it home, next thing you know they'll have angle grinders down their trousers. Good result anyway:okay:
Battery powered disc cutters are pretty easily hidden.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I'd have gone all Schwarzenegger at him. Full on Terminator II.

Alright yer nobber, how's it going?

Top Bottom