Returned to the Office

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
If you can do it from home, they can do it from Mumbai or the Philippines.
Just saying ......
Our office never closed, no distancing or masks, just temp checks each day ... no one had Covid (apart from me) or we all had it and didn’t notice.
Not every company wants to employ staff from further affield……

Landsurfer

Veteran
Not every company wants to employ staff from further affield……
mmm .. The same companies that are divesting themselves of their rental obligations ? ...
Sorry .. I have experience of this happening ...

OP
OP
J

jowwy

mmm .. The same companies that are divesting themselves of their rental obligations ? ...
Sorry .. I have experience of this happening ...
Maybe you have….but i said not all companies will do that…..i know 100% fact, that my company wont be

and your just scare mongering just for the sake of it.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Maybe you have….but i said not all companies will do that…..i know 100% fact, that my company wont be

and your just scare mongering just for the sake of it.
Am I, am I really ... 3 years ago we dealt with the accounts department of a huge multi national company based in Derby ...
Now .. Today ... We deal with the same companies Procurement (Latvia), Accounts ( Philippines ), Sales ( India ) .. In a very different manner ...
There is no scaremongering ... just reality !

winjim

Smash the cistern
My boss refused my request to install a mass spectrometer in my kitchen, so I've been in work all along. Study has been via Zoom, which is kind of a shame as I did enjoy going to campus last year. I find it easier to switch my brain over when I'm in a different location.

I wouldn't be able to work from home on days the kids were here anyway.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Sadly, unless you own the company, no you don't

It's not scaremongering either. I guarantee that call centre operatives all over the UK are now sat unemployed after saying 'my company won't move us overseas'
No, i can 100% guarantee it…..our customer service team are all back in the office, not one has been replaced or sat unemployed

like i said, not every company wants to use overseas staff and none of you have a clue what job i do or were i work…..so yes, you are just scaremongering for the sake of it

If you can do it from home, they can do it from Mumbai or the Philippines.
Just saying ......
Our office never closed, no distancing or masks, just temp checks each day ... no one had Covid (apart from me) or we all had it and didn’t notice.
No flow tests for people in ?

Landsurfer

Veteran
No flow tests for people in ?
None ... amazing is’n it ... all those hundreds of thousands of supermarket staff that haven’t dropped dead of this killer virus ... They haven’t had a flow test for every customer that walked in either .... Amazing ...

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I went in a few times to organise the permanent closing down of the office. We are all WFH now which nobody is happy about as we all had short commutes and love being with each other. We had our monthly office meeting today, sat outside the pub at lunch time with fish n’ chips.
I can see how it’s hard for people who liked being in the office and who liked working together.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

None ... amazing is’n it ... all those hundreds of thousands of supermarket staff that haven’t dropped dead of this killer virus ... They haven’t had a flow test for every customer that walked in either .... Amazing ...
Some supermarkets have lost staff to the virus……..doctors and nurses have also lost their lives.

anyone the virus thread is in naca, this is about returning to the office after lockdwon, got chat about the virus in naca

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I can see how it’s hard for people who liked being in the office and who liked working together.
Yes, in other office where this has happened people have generally been fine with it. Mainly because they rarely went in and had long commutes if they did. I know one of the guys in our Edinburgh office had not been in for over 3 years - not once.

Top Bottom