Returning a Thing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
(I'm being deliberately quiet about the nature of the thing and the identity of the retailer because I know what this forum is like. The thread would get derailed with opinionated responses about the Thing, or about the Online Retailer that have nothing whatsoever to do with my question.)
My response is that buying unnamed Thing is a very bad idea as often they do not work with other Things. It's well known and tested is that and you've fallen into the trap. Online Retailer is also a notorious scumbag. That's also a well known thing. You should have bought from Online Retailer B and opted for the Thing Model Alpha made by Best Practice Manufacturer 2. Quite obviously I'm being highly rational based on the statistics from Survey X and I'm never opinionated in the slightest.

Hope that helps :okay:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Often newly acquired Things can't communicate with Things that have been in one's home for a while.
This is a Fact.
It is prudent, before the acquisition of a New Thing, to research its family tree several versions back, in case of historic incompatibility.
A New Thing forum will soon tell you if there is a chance that your rejected Thing can adapt to your home :whistle:^_^

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Often newly acquired Things can't communicate with Things that have been in one's home for a while.
This is a Fact.
It is prudent, before the acquisition of a New Thing, to research its family tree several versions back, in case of historic incompatibility.
A New Thing forum will soon tell you if there is a chance that your rejected Thing can adapt to your home :whistle:^_^
I don't think we are talking about cats Pat... :laugh:

It's for my Turbo. Or, better still ... it's for my Peloton (R) :laugh:
Ah, so it's not a cycling Thing! Sorry, I misunderstood , don't mind me, carry on ...

• Laugh
Reactions: C R
I like these mystery threads, good for the grey matter trying to work out what it is and where it came from. Saying that I haven't got a clue what it is.

My guess would be a cycle computer that isn't working with cadence and heart rate sensors perhaps. Maybe the retailer is somewhere like Chain Reaction/Wiggle and they put up more resistance when the item is very high value. I've always found their customer service superb but I've never bought anything that ran into the hundreds there.

I once came across a forum post from a housewife who was relocating from UK to Dubai. She asked if there would be issues with the Police and Customs if she brought the Thing across. She was not concerned with confiscation but more on prosecution followed by deportation. A forum regular replied that he has done it before and had no issues. And he was a known single. Thats the first time I came to know that males too use it. So Op's post was not a surprise.

Top Bottom