Review: Phaart Bleep Lights

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Leaving it on a radiator at 20C for a few hours has fixed them, cheers fossyant ;)

okeydokey79

i have these on my bikes aswell, did buy 1 blaster aswell but didnt like the bracket(well it didnt like the cold)so snapped and fell off so brought another 2 of the bleepers, found that by putting a small smear of vaseline around the seal of the light keeps all water out so far and have had some pretty wet rides recently.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

i have these on my bikes aswell, did buy 1 blaster aswell but didnt like the bracket(well it didnt like the cold)so snapped and fell off so brought another 2 of the bleepers, found that by putting a small smear of vaseline around the seal of the light keeps all water out so far and have had some pretty wet rides recently.

The water didn't get into my light through the seals, it got in through the rubber button because that isn't watertight. My light's completely wrecked and Planet X haven't responded two both of my emails!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

You need mudguards ! :thumbsup:

I know, I know :sad: My Crud Roadracer Mk2 guards snapped and I've been putting off getting a new pair. I'm looking for something solid that fixes onto the frame that are preferably metal because I hated the way the Roadracers bounced about when you're riding along. Unfortunately due to ridiculous clearances on my bike, it's hard to find a pair that will fit! Any suggestions?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Raceblade Long ?

migrantwing

Veteran
One question. How the bluddy hell do you open the lights to put batteries in? I have two Bleep lights, but can't get 'em open and don't want to break or crack them.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

One question. How the bluddy hell do you open the lights to put batteries in? I have two Bleep lights, but can't get 'em open and don't want to break or crack them.

Someone else asked this, it takes quite a bit of force. Try prodding it open with a knife or a tyre iron and the back will pop off.

i've bought a few of these recently and am kitting out the family bikes and am impressed with how bright they are, but also agree with the flimsy mount comment. still, for 2 1/2 quid, you cant complain.

also bought the little wrap around ones which i like also.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

I can confirm that one of my lights has died due to water damage and the other wouldn't turn off last night until I took the batteries out. The light would function as normal but the bottom LED was staying on permanently. Not impressed :angry:

Top Bottom