Review this post please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I once reviewed a pub on TripAdvisor when I was a bit younger and cocky. It wasn't a bad review but the owners were so outraged at my suggestion they were reheating Brakes portions that I withdrew it in shame.
I once did that on TA after Mrs A_T asked the waitress in a pub to return a badly cooked meal, which they must have simply blasted in the microwave and returned to her, and the owner went off it in reply accusing me of being biased, [which, by that time I was!]... it says far more about their attitude to service when they don't react well to fair criticism.

How people react to problems sets the good places apart from the bad.

Slick

Guru
I once did that on TA after Mrs A_T asked the waitress in a pub to return a badly cooked meal, which they must have simply blasted in the microwave and returned to her, and the owner went off it in reply accusing me of being biased, [which, by that time I was!]... it says far more about their attitude to service when they don't react well to fair criticism.

How people react to problems sets the good places apart from the bad.
One of my favourites was the opposite way with one loud mouth visitor in my local hotel wanting everyone to know how he wanted the poachers pie (which was delicious but definitely not for everyone) and a large glass of anything from the islands. :stop:

I could hardly stop laughing when he sheepishly announced a whole lot quieter to the waitress that he didn't like the pie or the whisky and asked for the lasagne and a can of coke.:laugh:

It was even funnier when he questioned the bill and refused to pay for what he didn't eat, but quickly changed his tune again when the big owner stomped into the room and informed him there was nothing wrong with the food or the drink and he could pay for both. He quietly agreed. :laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
What is the point of asking for a review of eg some inner tubes I bought from Chainreaction? They are the size ordered and hold air what else do they want.
I was once asked in a cafe if everything was ok. I remarked that the freshly baked Danish pastries we ordered were indeed freshly baked about 3 days ago. They did have the grace not to argue and did not charge for them.

Top Bottom