Revolution Country Explorer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
onlineamiga said:
Hi, Im looking at buying this bike, and its encouraging to read good vibes about it. Sadly im not going to really get a chance to test it before buying it as I live in Spain. So its going to be a case of taking the plunge. But it looks great and yeah so going for it. :bicycle:

I've bought two bikes from EBC straight of the web, sight unseen, including an '08 Revolution Country Explorer, I've no regrets. Their warranty service for mail order bikes for people remote from their shops is sharp too.

I love the Country Explorer ('09 Aluminium) too. No comfort issues (I am going to lok at upgrading the saddle but that doesn't count since saddles are very personal - my own feeling is that, even as someone with a wide arse, they went for a wide saddle to give the impression of confort).

I did test ride it, but since the Sheffield branch was some time off opening, had to book a test ride in Leeds and that just confirmed that I wanted it.

Using it mainly for commuting and day-rides - Not had chance to try it out fully-loaded yet, but thinking in the next couple of weeks, as I am too busy at the moment to take a proper holiday, of loading up one evening after work, heading out to Edale, camping there, riding back into Sheffield in the morning to work, nipping home to feed the cats and heading straight back out to camp again after work. Thinking of maybe doing it a couple of days at the end of a week, so I can take my walking boots out with me Friday night to go for a long walk over Kinder Saturday morning before striking camp and coming home that day.

JuanLobbe

Über Member
Saw an Indian guy buying one of these in the Manchester EBS together with every possible extra you could think of. Must admit, it looks a great bike! Not sure the staff were too thrilled though as apparently he'd been there for two hours!

Just received one of these bikes. As I live in Spain it was a bit of a blind purchase. I've only been able to take it out once so far due to time, and now im bloody ill and cant ride. However im really liking it. First thing I did after receiving it was order some new pedals as it only coms with standard things, and i've been recommended SPDs for long trips. So they'll be on their way. But ive loaded the bike up with panniers, front bag, cycle computer. bottle racks and im thinking. yup this will do the job just nicely. I've had some good speed on it on the flats and down. The drop bars means i can change my riding position all the time and thres always a break lever in reach.

My friend who knows a lot more about bikes than me seems pretty impressed with it also. :sad: So all good there!

Barbelier

I bought a 2009 Explorer January this year, have done over 1,000 miles on it so far and love it!:blush:

I upgraded the disc brakes to Avid BB7s, which I really like. Added a Brooks saddle, SPD pedals, black mudguards and gel handlebar tape. I haven't had single problem with it so far (apart from 1 puncture that had nothing to do with the bike). LEJOG in September so I can really put it to the test!

Mind you, I do like the colour of the 2010 model!:laugh:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
mines getting black guards in the Autumn as too many trips along the South Downs Way have finally destroyed the originals and the zips ties now holding them on look naff and are an accident waiting to happen. Tortec Reflectors will be the way I'm going.

fierce

GregCollins said:
To quote my favourite web source of info on cycling

Did you know that:England's Queen Elizabeth II is a kingpin of the international drug trade?

Oh, good, Scotland is a republic at last!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
No. I think you'll find technically she's only Queen Elizabeth the First in Scotland even though she is styled plain Queen Elizabeth when up there. Jimmy the 1st & 6th came after England's 1st Elizabeth.

Anyway, I was quoting an American citizen!

fierce

GregCollins said:
No. I think you'll find technically she's only Queen Elizabeth the First in Scotland even though she is styled plain Queen Elizabeth when up there. Jimmy the 1st & 6th came after England's 1st Elizabeth.

Anyway, I was quoting an American citizen!

I know - I just couldn't resist the the thought that we had become a republic. Shouldn't it be Jimmy the 6th and 1st?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
fierce said:
I know - I just couldn't resist the the thought that we had become a republic. Shouldn't it be Jimmy the 6th and 1st?

Nope. I'm an Englishman! ;-) (and a republican too as it happens)

Barbelier

GregCollins said:
mines getting black guards in the Autumn as too many trips along the South Downs Way have finally destroyed the originals and the zips ties now holding them on look naff and are an accident waiting to happen. Tortec Reflectors will be the way I'm going.

Greg
Your welcome to have mine if they are any use to you. They're just sitting in the garage in the box of "keep it just in case bits" and are in almost mint condition. The black SKS Chromoplastic guards I put on mine are as solid as a rock.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Barbelier said:
Greg
Your welcome to have mine if they are any use to you. They're just sitting in the garage in the box of "keep it just in case bits" and are in almost mint condition. The black SKS Chromoplastic guards I put on mine are as solid as a rock.

A kind offer but I'll decline if I may, any original style replacements would end up needing the zip ties fairly sharpish. I really ought to stick to tarmac!

Top Bottom