Reynolds Solitude Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

Anybody know anything about these. Thinking of getting some as a training/general riding wheel. They seem to be fairly light and reasonably priced.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I have some 3 y/o Reynolds Ultra-Race which are close relatives (Very light indeed) and they've proven to be very good, light, aero and fast. Tough enough for my 90kgs on hard Michelin Pro-races.
Only gripe is that in really heavy rain water does seem to get to the rear bearings, being sealed types they take a bit of getting out compared to cup and cone. My LBS replaced a bearing for £12 all in, so not too bad.
The fronts are still turbine smooth.
The recessed spoke needs a special tool as found with those little socket sets for a few quid and the braking area metal thickness might be quite thin (weight saving comes at a price), but overall I'm very pleased with mine. They fair zip along!

earth

I've had the predecessor - Alta Race since 2006 and they have remained true despite rough potholed roads. Bearings still seem to be good. They are on the lighter side for an Alu wheel and the rim is a mid V section so maybe a bit more aero. I like them and I would only buy another Alu wheel as a comparison.

OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

No problems with broken spokes then guys. Seems to be abit of an issue across the pond. Ive read there s a tendency for the spokes to break where they enter the rims I m very light so weight should nt be an issue, but the roads are none to good round here cattle grids etc. but from what you ve said I think I might take a punt.

Top Bottom