RGT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kipster

Guru
There was a post on Facebook, something about a server problem

AndyMacca

I think this one is for tonight's issue.

View: https://www.facebook.com/groups/roadgrandtoursusers/permalink/3618463548219554/

They're brave doing so many changes so quickly to their production system, I guess they're trying to be agile but unless they can get more stability they risk alienating new users. I think we're quite sticky users having gone through the joys/pains of TdM but there's probably a bunch of riders from other platforms who are just trying it out and might not have the patience.

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
Btw @AndyMacca do we need to talk tactics before tomorrow nights wingman stage 1 or are we just going for our usual thrash it and see approach. it's done us pretty well up to now. The course looks like it's got a bit of a hill in the second half.

AndyMacca

I find that between facebook and discord you can usually get all the news. Discord to be honest seems quicker with info.
Yeah I get that feeling the hard-core enthusiasts and devs prefer discord too, Facebooks just so handy... which annoys me as I hate everything about facebook.

AndyMacca

Btw @AndyMacca do we need to talk tactics before tomorrow nights wingman stage 1 or are we just going for our usual thrash it and see approach. it's done us pretty well up to now. The course looks like it's got a bit of a hill in the second half.
Yes, I've signed up and quite well rested after tonight 👍
They take the fastest time only so probably best to grab a wheel and go for individual glory, if it was the slowest of the two then there would be more tactics at play. It's 40km so just over the hour I guess, I'll aim to get in a decent group and hang-on. Defo 100% effort tomorrow.:becool: Per's raised the Unkooler bar now! 👍🍷cheers

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
Yeah I get that feeling the hard-core enthusiasts and devs prefer discord too, Facebooks just so handy... which annoys me as I hate everything about facebook.
Yes, I hate Facebook too and had stopped using it and am slightly annoyed that to get the most of of rgt I have to use it.

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
Yes, I've signed up and quite well rested after tonight 👍
They take the fastest time only so probably best to grab a wheel and go for individual glory, if it was the slowest of the two then there would be more tactics at play. It's 40km so just over the hour I guess, I'll aim to get in a decent group and hang-on. Defo 100% effort tomorrow.:becool: Per's raised the Unkooler bar now! 👍🍷cheers
I agree lets just go for it, hopefuly both in the front group for as long as possible. I'm actually responsible for collating the GMT event results so I suspect we might do quite well! The results from the est event are between 0:55 and 1:05.

perswe

Über Member
Well done wingmen! @keithaitch @AndyMacca Continue to make us proud!

Are you signed upp to that e-bio passport and if they start with weight verification, will the e-bio p take care of that you think? Again, wanting to avoid facebook weight verification...I haven't seen anywhere this required yet but I feel it is only a matter of time...for some of the races at least..

AndyMacca

Well done wingmen! @keithaitch @AndyMacca Continue to make us proud!

Are you signed upp to that e-bio passport and if they start with weight verification, will the e-bio p take care of that you think? Again, wanting to avoid facebook weight verification...I haven't seen anywhere this required yet but I feel it is only a matter of time...for some of the races at least..
I haven't signed up yet, happy to do so once a series we're in needs it to be done but doing it now I guess might mean doing it again at the time. If you do go ahead and it's easy I might be tempted though.
On a similar note though I did get a message back from Wattbike (finally!) on my dodgy power readings today, they've recommended a 'zero reset' which I'll try and do after work before the Bkool race, also they want a load of other diagnostics and some examples of good vs bad data. So at least it's moving now. Can't wait to stop using these vector pedals, they're fine for rolling along at constant power but in a sprint they delay the first few seconds which is costly at both ends of most races.

perswe

Über Member
Meh! Rgt acted up again. The e-fondo now at 20 cet got stuck for everyone (220 on the stsrting line so that would have been fun). I think there is a re-start now...but I'm already half a beer in. I think these issues are more common now...I do hope they get it sorted...But at least I got a beer...

Top Bottom