RGT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shimceltic

Veteran
Friday night is film night on google meet (19:30) with Family so too late for me I'm afraid
Also it's only 30 mins after your tour race starts and I know you are fast but I don't think you will be done in time.
What's the film?

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
Also it's only 30 mins after your tour race starts and I know you are fast but I don't think you will be done in time.
What's the film?
Confusion with UK/cet times. I should finish half an hour before the film starts. The film Is my daughter's choice tonight, "When the wind shakes the Barley" and we all watch together as I share stream it and show to everybody by sharing my screen in Google meet. Next week is my choice I think I'm going to go with Brazil. Pizza and beer too, gotta make the best of things in lockdown!

shimceltic

Veteran
Confusion with UK/cet times. I should finish half an hour before the film starts. The film Is my daughter's choice tonight, "When the wind shakes the Barley" and we all watch together as I share stream it and show to everybody by sharing my screen in Google meet. Next week is my choice I think I'm going to go with Brazil. Pizza and beer too, gotta make the best of things in lockdown!
The wind that shakes the barley is good, being from an Irish family it makes me angry!
I've got Brazil on my amazon prime ready to watch.

perswe

Über Member
On the e-fondo yesterday. Some really fast ones on that. I did a good first segment (considering it was uphill) but then when trying to be smart and drop to a good group in the rest section..but that group was too slow. Should have waited for the next (with @Barbes66) which seemed to be way faster. I tried to go solo a couole of times but that only resulted in me loosing my legs and never really coming back. The 3rd segment then was the final blow to my sad state lages. By the 4th I was doing a little better but only just. My segment results were 69, 137, 286, 188...which pretty much reflects how I did. I think apart from 1st segm both @keithaitch and @Barbes66 did a a lot better! Well done both of you! It was good fun and I had good company all the way! Considering the segments at hand I don't think I could have done much better (well perhaps should have eased up on the first hill..)

shimceltic

Veteran
My rear cable snapped on the Slovakia ride on the long hill. I wondered why I couldn't turn the pedals at 10% :blush: was near the bloody top but was pointless.

OP
OP
keithaitch

keithaitch

Veteran
On the e-fondo yesterday. Some really fast ones on that. I did a good first segment (considering it was uphill) but then when trying to be smart and drop to a good group in the rest section..but that group was too slow. Should have waited for the next (with @Barbes66) which seemed to be way faster. I tried to go solo a couole of times but that only resulted in me loosing my legs and never really coming back. The 3rd segment then was the final blow to my sad state lages. By the 4th I was doing a little better but only just. My segment results were 69, 137, 286, 188...which pretty much reflects how I did. I think apart from 1st segm both @keithaitch and @Barbes66 did a a lot better! Well done both of you! It was good fun and I had good company all the way! Considering the segments at hand I don't think I could have done much better (well perhaps should have eased up on the first hill..)
Great write up per, I thought it was a great event and have changed my plans for next weekend and will ride the Sunday morning e-fondo event. This looks like good fun for Friday evening pre pizza! http://app.rgtcycling.com/event?code=6YBK2xtyOC

AndyMacca

My rear cable snapped on the Slovakia ride on the long hill. I wondered why I couldn't turn the pedals at 10% :blush: was near the bloody top but was pointless.
Gutted, hope the beer soothed the anguish.
Those Slovakian rides are tough, as usual I go dropped on the climb but a little group of 4 formed and we picked up the remnants of the front group all the way on the final flat till we had about 8 or nine for a decent sprint, one of the Slovaks went too early (I thought) but managed to hang on, if there wasn't that stupid hairpin just before the finish I might've got him though 😄
TT madness tomorrow 👍

shimceltic

Veteran
I might look at the omnium tomorrow. The sprint won't be an issue with my gearing or the elimination

Barbes66

Über Member
@perswe I enjoyed that a lot more than I expected. I knew it would be near 2 hours which no matter how hard I try to rationalise it, is still way over my largely imaginary sitting in the garage threshold. Plus, I'm still haunted by the ghosts of TdM Galibier which I really didn't enjoy as it was a solo slog. Having the 4 timed sections totally made it for me though. A group of 8 more or less hung together for the first two which I was pleased about as I initially wondered if I'd made a mistake not trying to hold you and @keithaitch. But I could save myself a bit so I knew I had a wee bit in reserve when there was a split about the time we caught you and Birch (I think). Hill 3 seemed to suit me better so I managed to hang with a smaller but quicker group. Then it was a case of attaching to that group along the flat to the last climb which was free for all. It all felt way quicker than 1.75 hrs - in contrast to Galibier which could have easily been 4 hrs and has put me off dried apricots for life - and this I think is all down to the format and terrain. The added bonus is that my results look better than they are as I put my approx b'day in UK format by mistake so it bumped me up to Grandad category!

shimceltic

Veteran
3 already signed up for tonight's omnium. As usual I'm only doing the first event.....anybody else?
I was tempted but seeing as I'm stuck in 1 gear on rear cassette I might not bother. I could do stage 1 and 2 as they look like I won't need to shift anyway

berty bassett

Legendary Member
A splinter group from the local club are sorting a ride out on RGT so will try that out tonight
Yet to try an omniun event
Keep finding excuses , think I am scared of the outcome tbh !

Top Bottom